Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Cold Weather and Baking

Pin It

Something about the weather turning cooler gets me in the mood to make soup and bake.  Warm comforting recipes that bring back my childhood with a little twist.  I am a novice yeast bread baker, but I’m finding it to be a great stress reliever and the results?  Well, they are an Oh-So Fab reward.

The Frugal Girl has some wonderful recipes, especially in the baking department.  Today, I decided to make her Braided Loaves recipe for the second time. 

The first time I made this recipe, I used 1/2 wheat and 1/2 regular flour.  The results were still wonderful, but a little on the dry side.  No complaining from those who devoured it in one day though!

Today I followed the recipe exactly and I have some yummy bread to enjoy at dinner tonight with the family.  The boys are just loving my new found love of baking and ask for slices as snacks!  The only problem I seem to have is the braiding technique.  I think with a little practice I might get some gorgeous loaves one day a la The Frugal Girl. 

Happy Baking!IMG_4333

Pin It

1 comment:

I love your comments! They make my day...wait...my week!

Related Posts with Thumbnails