Using What You Already Have
So I clipped them and tossed them in the garage. They stayed there for quite a while until my husband questioned me about them.
What to do…what to do???
Aha! Enter spray paint, stage left.
First I tried using up some old brushed nickel Rustoleum that I already had from another project. Good as a base coat, but a little too dull for Christmas. I ended having to buy a shiny metallic silver spray paint to get the look I wanted.
I already had a candle set on my mantle so I bought a rectangular piece of floral foam and placed it behind the candles. Then, I took the blooms and randomly inserted them into the foam to fill the gaps between the candles.
Total cost: around $5 for the foam, paint and picks. I used a 1/2 off coupon and they were having a great sale at Michaels on Christmas materials. Woo hoo!
Not too shabby for a little holiday mantle spruce up. Hope you enjoyed it! Happy Holidays!
I’m linking this little project up to Kimba’s DIY Day on A Soft Place to Land on Tuesday. Check her out!