Thursday, December 17, 2009

Laundry Room Redo – Part 3

Pin It

Planning and Patching

So here’s what happens when you decide to do a “little project”….

You take down your builders grade white wire shelving and get this…IMG_5231

And this… IMG_5235

Oh, forgot one. This lovely duo. Double the fun?? IMG_5232

So, as you can see, I had a MUCH bigger task on my hands than I had expected.

The shelving was NOT drilled into the studs, but they used TONS of dry wall brackets to hold it all up. I was left with about 40 holes to fill. Nasty and tattered holes too.

I wanted to cry. I called my dad (let’s call him my personal on-call carpenter). Then, I started sanding.

And after getting rid of all the loose paper, I began filling in the gaps with lightweight spackling.IMG_5915

The back of the spackle says, one coat, no sanding required. However, my “carpenter” said that since my holes were SO rough, I should build it up and then sand it smooth.

I filled the holes/built it up with two coats and let it dry overnight. A little sanding the next day and things are really shaping up!

Amongst all of the waiting and sanding, I did finally pick out a wall color. It is a blue green shade called from Behr called Aqua Smoke (470E-3). (By the way, if any of you know how to add a paint chip to a blog, do tell!!)

While the paint was drying, I did do a little shopping at Ikea. Boy, that place is a one stop shop for me sometimes. Besides grabbing the cabinets, I was able to get the following for my “dream” laundry room.

Cesium light – Provides much more light than my old single bulb builders grade brassy one ever dreamed of.

Cesium light

Molger bench – fits perfectly between my tall cabinet and the shoe storage I already had in the room. Luckily, I snagged the last one in the store because its being discontinued!!

molger bench

Tsusig rack – This should provide us with enough hooks for coats and bags.

Tjusig Rack with hooks

Bjarnum shoe rack – After eliminating all my wire shelving, I needed a little space to hang clothes. Much cooler than my old wire shelving.

Bjarnum shoe rack

Now, this stuff isn’t going to hang itself, is it? Bibbity bobbity boo?? Guess not….see you soon then!

Pin It

1 comment:

  1. Oh no! That really stinks! Darn those guys for not tying it into the studs!

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments! They make my day...wait...my week!

Related Posts with Thumbnails