Monday, January 11, 2010

Humbled and Honored

Pin It

Why? 

Welll, I check my e-mail this morning, coffee in hand with a case of the “Mondays” and a stiff neck to top it off. 

Then BAM!  What do I find??? A nomination for the Beautiful Blogger Award from Megan 1 Funky Woman.

Beautiful_Blogger_Award-1

How sweet of her!!  Being new to the blog world this is so flattering!  My first award ever!  Woo Hoo! 

Buh-Bye Mondays!

So, I’m supposed to nominate 7 other blogs for the award and also list 7 random things about myself.  The hardest part is narrowing down 7 bloggers since I’m in LOVE with so many of you these days. 

Here goes nothing….

Seven Random Things about Sabby

  1. My birthday is 7-7-77. Whenever I have to give it over the phone, at a bank, etc, I get the same response....”So what’s your lucky number, chuckle, chuckle?” Oh please.... image
  2. I sometimes cry over spilled milk because it’s usually spilled all over my freshly cleaned floors.
    image
  3. Jimmy Buffett makes me want to become a pirate and sail away. I settle for a Buffett fest once a summer with fellow Parrotheads.
    DSCF3326 (My mom and I this year freezing at Buffett in Wisconsin!)
  4. I hate cold weather and sometimes wonder how the heck I ended up living back in IL after several years in MUCH warmer states. I’ve been promised possible retirement in the Keys.....future pirate?? Maybe.
    image
  5. My husband and I got married in the Illinois Old State Capitol in Representatives Hall in the very spot where Lincoln gave his “House Divided” speech. It’s an amazing place. I later found out that its also where Lincoln laid in state. Kind of creepy. image
  6. I love Cremora brand coffee creamer and nothing else will do. I use way too much of it.  My old coworkers used to call it my “rat poison”.       image
  7. Thanks to my father, I LOVE Elvis! I’ve been to Graceland more times than I can count which is probably way too many times to admit. I even married into it.  The hubby loves his Rock-A-Hula. image 

You guys still there?  Nothing too shameful right?

Ok, drum roll please…..

I nominate the following lovely ladies and their gorgeous blogs for inspiring me so much!  I mean, seriously, you guys are unbelievable!!!  (In no particular order here either!)

Amy at The Lemon Cottage

Ana at Knock Off Wood

Rachelle at Fingerprints On The Fridge

Jennifer at Hope Studios

Robyn at My Southern Cottage

Sarah at Clover Lane

Lisa at Blessed With Grace

I hope you all enjoy this nomination as much as I have today.  Shoot…you guys have probably already been nominated.  Well, if so, that just means you’re twice as loved then.  It certainly started my week off right!

Thanks again Megan!

Pin It

3 comments:

  1. Oh, what a nice thing to wake up to this morning! I'm so happy you thought of me and I hope to try to live up to it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, and I, too, go to Buffett every year, and took the Big Guy to the Keys for his 40th birthday! I guess you and I will retire there together :)

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments! They make my day...wait...my week!

Related Posts with Thumbnails