Sunday, January 31, 2010

Laundry Room Redo – Part 4

Pin It

And That’s A Wrap!

Well, I’m happy to report that I’ve finally finished our Laundry/Mudroom Redo.  Actually, I finished before Christmas, as planned, but things happen… 

Like Christmas. New Years. Major door replacement. 

Yes, we had to replace the exterior door in the laundry room because it was so drafty that it was like having a non-existing window open!!!   Brrrrr!

That was messy, so I waited to share my “After” summary.

What a change a few months can make! (You can read about my little laundry room journey here, here and here.)

And just to remind you of what it looked like when I started….

BEFORE – Blah, boring and unorganizedIMG_5021

AFTER – Fresh, clean and put together!IMG_6426

BEFOREIMG_5024

AFTERIMG_6433-1

The transformation from paint alone was amazing (Behr called Aqua Smoke).  Once we hung up the new fresh white cabinets from Ikea, things really took shape.

IMG_6759-1

The cabinets allowed for SO much storage.  I actually have room to spare…for now.

The Bjarnum rack fit nicely the on the wall perpendicular to the washer and dryer, replacing the old white wire shelving. IMG_6418

So shiny.  So pretty.  SOOOOOO looks like it’s not level in this picture, but I promise it’s level in person.  Cross my heart. 

IMG_6416

The new lighting really brightens the room up too!I might add some vinyl decal wall art under the rack for some interest in the near future.  Maybe one of the cute laundry sayings….or maybe something calming??  Ideas anyone?

This bench was a cinch to assemble and it fits perfectly between the new tall cabinet and shoe storage.   A little room left to the right for the hubby’s laptop case.

IMG_6443

These baskets were hidden under piles of clearance items at Home Goods and I snatched them up for $5 each!  We’re using them to store winter accessories for now.  One for the kiddos and one for the parents.

IMG_6444-1

Then I hung the hook rack over the bench. 

I was going to take the coats out for the picture, but then I thought…It’s WINTER….It’s winter in CHICAGO! 

Reality = Heavy Duty parkas!

IMG_6432

IMG_6431

Here are some other little changes… 

I reused the stackable shoe storage that we bought a few years ago because…well, it works.  I posted about making some “calming” artwork for this busy room too.

IMG_6436IMG_6445

This small space between the washer and dryer is the perfect spot for my folding step ladder.

IMG_6428

Yes, we still use plastic bags and the bag saver works well to keep them all tidy and ready to be reused. 

The wall mounted mop/broom holder is one of my favorite new finds.  It’s a great way to keep things off the floor and in one spot and can also be used to hang dry the wet mop.

IMG_6420

A few weeks after finishing the room, I added a few vinyl decals here and there.

IMG_7815IMG_7820

They really finished off the room.

So what do you think?  Are you as in LOVE as I am with my new space?  I have to say that it sure does make laundry time a lot more enjoyable and everything has its own place.  Which allows me to breathe again.  Ahhhhhhh.  

No kidding. 

Wait, that’s kind of sad to admit huh?  Oh, well.  I’m a sucker for organization and label makers.  ;)

I’m off to do some laundry!

Linking up to some fabulous parties this week.  Please click on the buttons below to check out the fun projects of other bloggers!

image

 

image DIY Day @ ASPTL   image   Photobucket

Pin It

43 comments:

  1. Your laundry room looks amazing with what you have done. ITS HUGE TOO. You have it very organized and functional. HA, I HAVE the same step ladder located in the same spot in my laundry room. GREAT JOB! JGG

    ReplyDelete
  2. JGG - Thanks so much!
    The room looks big in the pictures but it's really only 6'x14'. It's also a HIGH traffic area since it's our way into the garage. Although, I guess compared to some of the little laundry closets I've had in the past, this one is pretty large. Thanks for stopping by! Nice to meet you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great transformation and organization Sabby! I love that wall color.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The color is great in there. I have to find a shoe shelf like that!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the paint color. What a transformation, I bet it makes laundry so much more fun...if you can ever call laundry fun. But at least it make it bearable! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. looks great! and I LOVE the paint color!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It turned out so great, nice and clean looking with lots of space...sigh, I'm jealous! That color with the silver accessories is a great match.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This looks great, I have laundry rooms on the brain. I call mine the pit. I really would love to have a nice fresh look like this. You must be so pleased with the outcome of all your hard work, I really like all that you have done. It looks really nice and yet it still is extrememly functional, that is good design,Kathysue

    ReplyDelete
  9. That looks really nice! I LOVE the new paint color!
    Hope you have a great day! Beth. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very nice!! It looks larger with the new paint job! Love the color!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks great and so much more useful. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  12. My laundry is in the dark corner of the basement which is freezing cold. I am jealous of yours. I like the blue wall color...looks so fresh and clean.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very nice. I love the mop/broom holder. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yes I am in love with your new space. It's so fresh and clean...and functional. It makes me want an actual laundry room (instead of my little laundry closet). Great job!

    Thanks for linking up to my party!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Just lovely and cozy! Love the wall color!

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a big, lovely change ! My laundry room and garage are next on my project list.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Very nice! I like the color on the wall. It looks very cheerful but not bright at all. Very calming. I like everything in your laundry room as well. I really need to redo mine. Thanks for sharing with us.
    Blessings,
    Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful!! It's so serene, now!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow, great transformation...looks like you have tons of storage.

    ReplyDelete
  20. First off, your laundry room is huge! Secondly, the color is perfect! Thirdly, you guys have a great vision - it's awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  21. That looks great...love all the built-ins!

    ReplyDelete
  22. OOOOOOOOO! So clean, crisp and beautiful! I dream of a beautiful laundry room, because mine is blah and boring! I will refer to this for inspiration when the time comes. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Wow! Makes it look much roomier and brighter not to mention futuristic. So what are your going rates to do mines?

    ReplyDelete
  24. I'm Jealous! Looks like there is a place for everything (something I dont have)

    ReplyDelete
  25. It so organized - I love it! I'm a sucker for organization and covered storage.

    ReplyDelete
  26. I laughed when I saw your laundry room. I just re-painted mine and have tidied it up. But what got me was your "Keep Calm" print. I hung one up on MY laundry room too! I am going to post about it next week! Too funny - I guess it is true great minds think alike! Maybe I will have to post about yours too!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Hey Sabby!!!Your cute profile pic beckoned me to come check out your site and boy am I glad I did!!! Love the laundry room make over! We are in the process of doing ours! Ours is a tiny closet of a space but could use a little love!!!

    Take care!

    Becca
    Blue cricket Design

    ReplyDelete
  28. It looks absolutely wonderful! And I agree, some vinyl lettering would be very fun.

    ReplyDelete
  29. So simple clean and chic! I love what you did with this space - gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  30. will you come to my house and do my laundry room now? it could use an organized transformation as beautiful as yours!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Thanks to ALL of you for your lovely comments and feedback! So encouraging and you've made me smile for days!

    It's so funny to me that my room appears so large in the photos. It's really not that big (6'x14'ish)considering the amount of foot traffic it gets, the large (but loved) appliances it houses and the fact that two VERY awkward doors open INTO it. But I'll take your compliments and laundry room envy and run with it!

    Thanks again and if you need some laundry room planning help (as mentioned by some of you above), just shoot me a message. For real. I love this stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Lovwe what you have done. I want to redo my laundry room now.

    ReplyDelete
  33. this turned out freaking incredible!! AMAZING transformation!

    ReplyDelete
  34. What a great space! You did a great job with it!

    ReplyDelete
  35. I love the transformation! So organized!

    Thanks for your comment on my bathroom. (Love your powder room, btw) A few people have asked about painting the cabinets, so I will try to write a post about it next week.

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  36. Wow. You are so putting my laundry room to total shame! One day I'll dig my way out of there.

    Thanks for linking up and sharing yours. Love the colour!

    FJ Donna

    ReplyDelete
  37. WOW!
    What an incredible transformation!
    That color is to die for too. :-)

    Love it!
    Layla

    ReplyDelete
  38. WOW! Love your laundry room and clean, streamlined style.

    ReplyDelete
  39. I have witnessed, "first hand" what a wonderful job Sabrina has done on all the rooms in their house. She should be very proud of all her hard work.

    Barb Partyka (Sabrina's mother-in-law)

    ReplyDelete
  40. Oh "Gamma Bob" you make me blush! Thanks for your sweet compliment! It means a lot...esp. coming from such a crafty lady!

    ReplyDelete
  41. First, I am so jealous of all that space! I want to move so I can have a bigger laundry room!

    I love the aqua smoke color. It's perfect. Don't you just love having this so perfect! Nice work!

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments! They make my day...wait...my week!

Related Posts with Thumbnails