Wednesday, February 10, 2010

You Capture – Work

Pin It

Work. That’s a tough one for me these days. The word work used to mean something completely different to me a few years ago.

It meant getting up and going somewhere to work.

It meant getting paid.

Today, I still work. I’ve just changed my job title. I still have work that I don’t like to really do.

IMG_6976

Sadly, it doesn’t pay too well.

I know this one is petty, but it’s my OCD kicking in. I loathe seeing what I call “sock balls” while sorting laundry. Tell you me don’t.

IMG_6989

On the other hand, “work” can mean more than thankless chores.

I love staying in shape to keep up with my kids and my life, but it’s really hard WORK. When I see these shoes, I know their is some sweat in my near future.IMG_6992

Defined here work can be “something on which exertion or labor is expended; a task or undertaking.”

Yep, that sums the next few.

My furry one sometimes creates a little work for me when she does things like this.

IMG_4402-1

Or this.

IMG_6481Yes, that’s snow. No, the picture isn’t out of focus. It was just taken through a paw smeared sliding glass door.

Good thing she’s kind of cute.

Then I have my little homegrown “work factories”. Keeping mama busy as a bee all day long.

WORK. Work that I live for.

IMG_5362

Work that’s not the traditional meaning of the word, because it’s work that I LOVE.

No payment made to me by check, but instead I’m paid by being called Mommy.

-----------------------------------------------------

There is a great weekly photography challenge at I Should Be Folding Laundry called You Capture. It’s a fun way for me to work on my skills, get new ideas and have fun with photography.

Each week she hosts a party for a specific photo assignment and gives the assignment for next week. Great idea, huh? Like homework for your hobby. But the fun kind of homework.

Check her out!

PhotobucketPin It

20 comments:

  1. Grrrr.... I loathe sock balls. I live with all adults and still have sock balls.

    Great photos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Luv the pic of the socks! My kids are a bit older & I still get those socks! Your kids may not thank you for the clean socks, but they will thank you for being there for them! Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ugh, the sock balls. My husband uses his toes to peel off his socks while relaxing after work. They always end up on the floor and it drives me absolutly batty. I'm so glad I'm not the only one:-)
    By the way, your "work" is adorable (both of them!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL - my husband hates sock balls... I just shrug and throw them in! Part of life - like changing diapers ya know?

    LOVE the pictures of your pooch! I TOTALLY forgot about cleaning up after the dog! (We have a lovable border collie!)

    ps - I think we are laundry basket sisters!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm liking your blog. I've passed along the Happy Award to you. You can view at my blog pinetreehome.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great pictures. ALL of them! Sock balls... yeah I'm guilty of those. ha!

    Great blog!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hate sock balls too. I don't mess with them any more. I just throw them in the washer and dryer then in his drawer just like that. If he wants clean socks, he'll separate them....

    I also have paw smeared windows! You're right, it's a good thing they're cute!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awww, great photographs! Your dog and children are absolutely adorable. And I hate doing laundry for myself so I can only imagine the fun of sock balls :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. work used to mean something entirely different for me too. i SO hear you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cute puppy! Not cute sock balls.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Seriously, why oh why can people not take their socks off and neatly place them in the hamper, right? Great pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, sock balls! I HATE sock balls! What is so hard about straightening them out to put them in the laundry basket??? Good call on the workout stuff. And such sweet faces in your house-your boys and that cute puppy!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What's up, all of you sock ball haters! Glad to see I'm not alone in that struggle. New blogging group? Perhaps.

    Thanks for all of the lovely comments this week! I'm having a blast checking you all out too!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I totally hear you on the sock balls. :) And my furry one often makes more work for me too.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your pics are lovely and your sentiments even lovelier :). I have a furry beast that creates quite a bit of work for me as well! Thanks for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Well as a Mom of two boys myself...the sock situation gets worse...they get stinky and there is always, always one missing, I later find it, under the couch, stuck in between the couch, etc, etc, I loved your photos and your little story!!~ stop by my blog sometime!!~

    ReplyDelete
  17. It drives me nuts when my husband doesn't shake out his socks beofre they go in the laundry! Great shots!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Work is such a relative term, isn't it? I agree that your new version of work is well worth it- even if they don't give you a paycheck each week ;) I greatly dislike sock balls too, but love furry pups!

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments! They make my day...wait...my week!

Related Posts with Thumbnails