Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Last Minute Easter Wall Art

Pin It

So I really dropped the ball this year and haven’t put one thing up for the Easter/Spring season. I finally just decided to skip it all together.

Maybe that will make Summer come faster? Just skip right over that who wet Spring thing?

Then I saw this.

IMG_7722

AGH! Yes, I still had my Valentine’s Day wall art up! The shame!

After browsing my Power Point clip art, I realized I didn’t like anything I currently had and so the search began.

Solution? The Graphics Fairy blog.

IMG_7723

I found this lovely print FOR FREE from Karen, a.k.a. The Graphics Fairy. Have you guys checked this site out yet? She is a lifesaver! So many cute images..ALL FOR FREE!

Anyway, so I decided to print my little chick graphic out, mount it on some ivory cardstock and replace my current Valentine print.

Of course, nothing is ever that simple.

I figured the ivory was just too clean for this rustic looking print, so I aged the cardstock with a little watered down craft paint and a somewhat dry brush.

IMG_7727

Apparently, not dry enough. The next morning, the paper had curled up. What to do?? Iron it! No joke.

Guess what? It worked and I didn’t even burn the house down.

So, with my now aged (and flat!) cardstock in hand, I then mounted my little chick print to the center of the paper. Next, I added a little brown craft paint around the edges of the print.

Let that dry and swapped out my hearts for my new chic-a-dee.

IMG_7742

Thanks to the Graphics Fairy for making my house a little more Easter friendly.

Easy Peasy, Lemon Squeezy…to quote my favorite 1st grader.

I’m linking this post up to the below parties! Check them out for some fabulous inspiration!

Blue Cricket Design's Show and Tell

Jen’s Penny Pinching Party

Get your craft on Thurs.










Kimba’s DIY day

Kimm’s Trash to Treasure Tuesday

Pin It

9 comments:

  1. You did great! I have to get on the graphics fairy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sabrina,
    This is just darling!! The "aged paper" you made, looks perfect with it! Thanks so much for giving me credit for the graphic, that's so kind of you.
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  3. very cute! I love Easter (it's my favorite holiday) and something like this would be a perfect addition to my decor. Thanks for the idea.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the graphic fairy! She's great! I love your little bunnie! Too funny about ironing it! At least it worked.

    Thanks for joining Get Your Craft on Thursday! Please join me next week for another wonderful party!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so cute - I never think about the Graphics Fairy until I see these adorable projects.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is very nice. Love it!

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments! They make my day...wait...my week!

Related Posts with Thumbnails