Sunday, March 7, 2010

Sunday Morning Bliss - Cinnamon Twists

Pin It

IMG_4047

What better way to start a Sunday morning?

I had to share another found favorite from The Frugal Girl. She features a new baking recipe on most Wednesdays and her Cinnamon Twists are complete bliss in sugary dough form.

The recipe might seem complicated to a newbie baker. However, her step by step instructions and helpful photos make the task pretty simple. No joke.

Here’s how it went down in my kitchen…

From this…IMG_4032

To this…IMG_4039

And finally….Ta Da! IMG_4042

This was my first crack at making a sweet yeast bread recipe and it turned out fabulous. I even called my mom to share the news, “MOM! I made homemade cinnamon rolls…er…twists!” She was proud. Okay, maybe just shocked.

This recipe is great when you have house guests because you do all the dirty work the night before and just pop them in the over in the morning.

The results…you’ll NEVER used cinnamon rolls from a can again. Oh, and VERY happy kiddos too!

IMG_4046

Thanks to The Frugal Girl for her constant baking inspiration!

Pin It

4 comments:

  1. Those pictures have my mouth watering! That looks divine. I can't wait to try this recipe! Thanks for sharing. Have you tried the same twists with puff pastry dough? You take

    * 1/4 cup sugar
    * 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
    * 1 sheet puff pastry

    Preheat your oven to 375 degrees F.

    Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside. Mix the sugar with the cinnamon in a small bowl and set aside.

    Sprinkle some cinnamon sugar on your work surface and place the puff pastry in an even, single layer on top. Brush the pastry lightly with water and sprinkle generously with cinnamon sugar. Flip the pastry over and repeat on the second side. Cut the pastry into 1/2 to 3/4-inch wide strips. Place them on the prepared baking sheet, twisting the ends of each strip so it looks like a corkscrew. Bake until they're puffed and golden brown, 20 minutes and set aside to cool completely.

    SO GOOD!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My, oh my, does that looks GOOD!!

    Blessings!
    Gail

    ReplyDelete
  3. Alita - Thanks for a GREAT tip! I will have to try that out...esp. when in a time crunch. Sounds very yummy!

    And Mrs. P...these are divine, I promise!

    ReplyDelete
  4. HI, LOVE YOUR BLOG, STOP BY & SAY HI:) GIO

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments! They make my day...wait...my week!

Related Posts with Thumbnails