Wednesday, March 3, 2010

You Capture - Hopeful

Pin It

This week I’ve been watching this slowly happen with hopeful eyes.

IMG_7398

The snow on the deck, right outside my kitchen window has been receding, ever so slightly each day.

I even caught sight of a small pool of water. H20 changing from solid to liquid in nature.

It brings me HOPE that spring is not so far away. IMG_7405-1

Our lovely Auntie “Dibbie”, also sent us some hope this week.

“A Little Box of Sunshine”

IMG_7391

Home grown backyard lemons sent with care from our family in Phoenix.

IMG_7475

Definitely brings thoughts of summer sunshine.

IMG_7480-1

I made some of this and dreamed of warmer days to come.

IMG_7487

Then, I caught my 1st grader in a state of hopefulness.

IMG_7418

He’s writing his weekly spelling words in his super special spelling notebook. Keepin up on his super speller skills!

Hoping for 100%!

IMG_7415-1

That’s all for this week’s You Capture Hopefulness Challenge!

-----------------------------------------------------

There is a great weekly photography challenge at I Should Be Folding Laundry called You Capture. It’s a wonderful way for me to work on my skills, get new ideas and have fun with photography.

Each Thursday she hosts a party for a specific photo assignment and gives the assignment for the next week. Great idea, huh? Like homework for your hobby.

But the fun kind of homework.

Check her out!

PhotobucketPin It

23 comments:

  1. I agree with you 100%. I HOPE that spring is on its way.

    I love the lemonade picture. Wish I could have some right now! YUM.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your lemon, lemonaide photos are fabulous! Makes me thirsty :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woohoo! I am hopeful that spring WILL arrive!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the lemonade pictures! Looks so FRESH!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh. I love the lemons. And the cup of lemonade. So pretty.

    I remember spelling lists. My son hasn't had those in a while.

    Your pictures were AWESOME this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are amazing! I love them! I love the snow on its way out, the sun on the deck, but most of all, your lemons! Wow, so, so good!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am with you on watching the snow recede with hope and joy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the melting snow pictures. I can't wait until it is gone. Hurry summer!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the cup of lemonade, it makes me want a glass!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm anxiously watching the snow recede as well.........with over 60" it could take a while!

    http://www.theiheartblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. hooray for lemons! and homegrown ones, too. nothing says summertime like lemons.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love your third shot of the lemons.

    I just treated myself to a bag of organic lemons, and all the way home imagining the photos I could take of them! Now here you beat me to it! Oh to have home-grown lemons from family...

    Our snow is still deep but very slowly receding too.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh what great hopeful shots!! I love the melting snow. Our snow is melting too but we will probably get more. Those lemons look divine. And good luck to you rlittle guy on his test.

    ReplyDelete
  14. oh to have a lemon tree. (or an aunt dibbie. either way.) love your captures, especially the lemonade and your little guy working on his spelling. such gorgey light.

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a great gift! I love the close up of the lemon. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love my receding snow line as well! And those lemons are to die for! My brother has a great lemon tree in his yard, and I'm so jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  17. My driveway finally melted down to the concrete yesterday and it made me feel so hopeful that spring is around the corner!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I am SOOO very jealous that you have loved ones who can send you homegrown lemons! They must taste amazing! I love where I live (I can totally relate to your snow pictures!), but sometimes, I think it would be so cool to be able to go out in my lard and pick a lemon, or orange or avocado!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I'm with you on the melting snow - ours is finally gone (for the time being) and I'm hoping that it stays away until next winter!

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments! They make my day...wait...my week!

Related Posts with Thumbnails