Monday, April 26, 2010

Photo Transfer To Canvas Wall Art

Pin It

Obviously, I have an obsession with my camera and the face of my kidlets. What better way to decorate newly updated master bedroom walls??

IMG_8498

A few months ago, the ever crafty Mod Podge Amy featured this wonderful photo transfer art by Nitsa at Still Alive. It was the first time I’d seen this done using Mod Podge.

Then, Caroline, The Feminist Housewife, also featured a similar project using what looked to be a picture she printed out at home and gel medium. Every tutorial I’d seen before said to take your image and have it photocopied.

Why not put tips from both posts together: Mod Podge and an inkjet image printed at home. I’m wild, I know. I just figured it was the easiest thing for me…I had it all on hand. No running to Kinkos or Michaels for gel medium.

Guess what?? It worked!

IMG_8643

IMG_8615

Then, I added the words from a favorite old song, Forever Young by Bob Dylan. The lyrics are just priceless.

IMG_8614 IMG_8627

I printed the lyrics in Word using the “mirror image” option and transferred them using the same Mod Podge transfer technique.

IMG_8629 IMG_8634

I added a little flourish embellishment and some aging with watered down craft paint. To finish, I coated the entire piece with a coat of Mod Podge to seal it all up.

Hope you enjoyed my venture into unknown crafty territory! I will post a step by step tutorial soon!


DIY Day @ ASPTL

Always Nesting

Get your craft on Thurs.

Join us Saturdays at tatertotsandjello.com for the weekend wrap up party!
Pin It

38 comments:

  1. It looks fabulous! Thanks for linking to me. Way to be innovative!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it!! What a great project!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woo Hoo!! That is awesome and your boys look wonderful on their keepsake pictures. Those are definitely forever decor.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMGosh... I totally want to do that!!!!!! I love Modge Podge. I just used it for the first time to redo a table. It's on my blog here:

    http://themagicbrushinc.blogspot.com/2010/03/turquoise-zebra-table-done.html

    I have used it over photos once for a decorated tissue box (tacky I know).... but I am gonna have to try this! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. beautiful work- can i hire you?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love love LOVE this!! I keep seeing this awesome tutorial everywhere I go and just feel like I must try it!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What?!? Sabby! I love this...the wheels are turning :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for finding a easy fun way to go this! Looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOVE IT! looking forward to the step by step!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This looks breathtaking! Thank you for sharing! Be blessed. Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  11. So cute!! I love how they turned out!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very Beautiful! I love it.
    Thanks for the inspiration...

    Alyssa
    Lifeoflyssie.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great project! Great subject matter too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm so glad you linked this project to Woo Hoo! Wednesday. It's awesome and a great inspirational project. Enjoy the party!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Those are fantastic. I love the whole look. Great job. I am looking forward to the tutorial.

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is a beautiful project! What a great idea, this would make such a wonderful gift. Thanks for sharing. Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  17. That's wonderful! I think I need to learn!
    Crystal

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful! I love how this turned out! What a great idea!

    Enjoy!
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love it! I'm saving this to my ideas. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I can't wait for the tutorial!

    ReplyDelete
  21. That turned out fabulous. Great gift idea for Mothers Day too!

    ReplyDelete
  22. OK, I'm not that crafty, but this project really intrigues me! I LOVE how yours came out. Maybe I can have you make mine! :O)

    ReplyDelete
  23. WOW! These look great..

    Thanks for joining Get Your Craft on Thursday. Please join me next week for another great party!

    ReplyDelete
  24. It looks great! I may need to try this thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  25. These turned out beautifully!! What a great idea. Can't wait to check out the MBR now!

    -heather

    ReplyDelete
  26. Can't wait for the tutorial because I only have an inkjet printer and get tired of running to get copies made so they don't run! Turned out great.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Am I understanding that you used the Modpodge exactly as the gel medium was used?

    ReplyDelete
  28. Hurry! Post the tutorial girl!! I love this idea!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Yes, I used Mod Podge only for the transfer medium just as you would gel medium I assume. I haven't used gel medium before, but had Mod Podge on hand.

    ReplyDelete
  30. I'm definately using this in my next project. Can't wait for the tutorial.

    ReplyDelete
  31. For sure I will be creating one for my babies personal canvass to be place in their respected rooms..lol..tnx

    ReplyDelete
  32. They look fabulous. can't wait for the step by step to learn how you did it.

    ReplyDelete
  33. Can'wait to see the instructions!! Im a Mod Podge newbie....would love to try to do this with my two boys!!!

    ReplyDelete
  34. I saw this and had to try it. I ended up making photo transfer tiles. I had so much fun! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  35. It's awesome and a great inspirational project.
    ----------
    Photo on Canvas

    ReplyDelete
  36. I also produce photo on canvas products that one can buy for the home.
    ---------
    Photo on Canvas

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments! They make my day...wait...my week!

Related Posts with Thumbnails