Sunday, April 11, 2010

Ready To Party???

Pin It

I stumbled upon an awesome party that is going on this week only, thanks to Jen at Tatertots & Jello, !

Ultimate Blog Party 2010

The party is like a huge mixer for bloggers.  Sounds like fun!  I’m in!

Well, I’m Sabby, or Sabrina, a stay at home mom to two fully charged boys living in the burbs of Chicago.  My husband is one of the most patient guys I know and puts up with my constant need to create and learn something new…despite the messes it sometimes creates!IMG_5818-2

After finding (and using) so many wonderful ideas on blogs, I decided to start my own last fall.  It has been a wonderful trip so far.  I love making new friends and exchanging ideas with so many other talented ladies out there.

So what’s Sabby In Suburbia all about??  Well, being a SAHM is a far departure from my previous career in the biotech world.  I’ve poured my creativeness into the things that surround me:  our boys, our home, my camera and filling everyone’s tummy’s in between. 

Sprucin’ Up The Pad

My Laundry Room RedoIMG_6423

Powerpoint is my friend and I use it to make frugal artwork.

Alphabet and Number Print for my youngest son’s roomIMG_3396IMG_3399

My copy cat “Keep Calm” printIMG_6533

This frame in our kitchen changes with the seasonsIMG_6518-1 IMG_6536

I also enjoy making furniture brand new with paint.

My first furniture project – Our pine bedroom setimage

My latest – Goodwill Coffee Table redoIMG_7611

Get In My Belly

My other passion is cooking.  My mom is an excellent cook and I feel like I’m finally catching up to her. Run, Mamaw, Run!

IMG_4883

The family enjoys the fruits of my baking adventures.IMG_4333IMG_7134

Capturing The Moments

I have fallen hard for photography.  It was something I’ve always had an interest in, but never had time to pursue. 

IMG_6503-2 IMG_7761 - Copy-1

Now, I have these wonderful little subjects always at the ready for me to practice my skills on! IMG_4160

IMG_7655-2

So that’s a little bit about me!  Hope to meet many of you through UBP in the upcoming days.  Thanks for visiting!

------------------------------------------------------

There are tons of possible prizes to win at this year’s Ultimate Blog Party.  Of course, I would be happy to win almost anything, but if I have to pick my faves it would be:

US 11, 95, 6, and 7 INTL 2,3, 8, 14, 15, 16 USC 15, 60

Pin It

17 comments:

  1. HI! Popping in for the UBP! Your boys are very handsome! Hope you enjoy the party! I am off to check out your blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a fun blog!! cute kiddos!! Visiting from the UBP :-)

    http://lizzydearslife.net

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sabby! How are you doing? I'm visiting from the blog party. Party Post!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I love your photos! I'm big on photography as well. You sure do capture your subjects well!

    Hope you are having fun w/ the UBP. I'm new to it all too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Everything looks amazing! I am definitely following you now! Can't wait to read more.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stopping by for the party!! Nice to meet you!...loved your blog intro and learning about your talents!! Hope you are having fun at the UBP! :)

    Jenni ("Miss Tutu")
    My UBP blog post: How to Make a Tutu blog - hope you will stop by and say hi! :) and Mom Blogger $100 Cash Contest

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm Loving Get in my Belly...haha great title...I would love to cook (better than I do now) so I may have to swing by and take a few tips now and then! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  8. How fun! I will have to look into the Blogger party. I LOVE that picture of your son on the couch. Gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fun post Sab! Keep up the wonderful "work"!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful blog. i so much enjoyed reading your post, I am adding you to my reading list. Enjoy the party!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Stopping by from the party! I love your blog and will come back!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Sabby. Stopping by from the UBP. Glad to meet you. You sure have a pretty blog. Great to meet you.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your pictures are amazing! What kind of camera do you use? How do you get the soft lighting in your portraits? I use a Canon T1i and am still getting use to the DSLR world. I know how to post edit, but if I could manage to take portraits of my children like yours, all would be right in my world!

    Found you through the UBP. Glad to be partying with you!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi! Dropping in from UBP! I am going to try your SW CHicken & Pasta Skillet meal too! Great pictures and you are very creative! I am following you now too!

    http://smartmoneymomorg.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a great introduction to your blog -- love it! I loooove all your frugal artwork -- the keep calm and carry on one is priceless ;) Wonderful photos of your kids, too. And the recipes? Well, you had me at the pasta. It's great to meet you.

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments! They make my day...wait...my week!

Related Posts with Thumbnails