Wednesday, April 14, 2010

You Capture – Fresh

Pin It

This week’s You Capture challenge was Fresh.  These days, Fresh means all things spring and new to me.

My magnolia bush has bloomed.

IMG_8229-1

A few breezy days and all of the delicate petals said “buh-bye” until next year.

IMG_8226-1

Daffodils are the epitome of springtime freshness.

IMG_8003-1

After a long Midwestern winter of grey and white hues, these small signs of warmer weather symbolize a fresh beginning.

IMG_8003-2

When they pop up each year, I’m reminded of this little Easter song we used to sing when I was a kid in Sunday School…

IMG_8005-1

“Daffodils come through the earth, where I forgot they grew.”

IMG_8013-1

IMG_8015-1

And then these beauties just totally blew me away at my mom’s house.

IMG_8153-1

The color was unbelievable…I promise NO photoshopping here.  I swore my mom had finally lost it and put plastic flowers in the ground.  But, no.  These were the real deal.  Amazing!

IMG_8154-2

Tangerine and yellow daffodils? 

Oh, yeah…that’s FRESH

-----------------------------------------------------

Each Thursday, Beth at I Should Be Folding Laundry hosts a party for a specific photo assignment and gives the assignment for the next week. Great idea, huh? Like homework for your hobby.

But the fun kind of homework.

Photobucket

Pin It

25 comments:

  1. Beautiful! Love the photos and hope of spring.

    ReplyDelete
  2. gorgeous photos! you deserve a great spring!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I tried getting some shots of daffodils, but the wind was not cooperating so I stuck with some flowering tree shots. Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the first shot.

    Great captures!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful captures. I think this is my first visit to your place. Nice to "meet" you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Definitely fresh!!! wow. great photos. thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the last couple. Those colors really do pop!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, those daffodils! Love them!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the dof in your last shot of the bed full of daffodils. Simply beautiful. I want to lie down in them and take a nap.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fresh from the ground - just gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful shots! Love the colors :).

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your flowers are beautiful! I especially love the shot of your magnolia.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow ! I will say this again, I can't believe somewhere flowers grow all over the place ! Tulips are not showing flowers yet in Montreal.

    ReplyDelete
  14. The first shot is gorgeous and I'm amazed at the color on those daffys! Spring flowers are great.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful fresh flower shots. I love the vibrant colors of the daffodils but the first magnolia shot is my favorite of all. It's just so delicate and ... fresh!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thank goodness I already took my allergy medicine this morning. ha! THESE shots, ALL of these pictures are fantastic.

    Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  17. These are gorgeous! I like the first one best though!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love it! So colorful & beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful daffodils!!

    Mine haven't come up yet... any day now!

    ReplyDelete
  20. The colour is great and the flowers are lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Great picture. I love SPRING. Especially now that it is getting nice outside.

    Following from the UBP party...

    www.lifeofamodernmom.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh what gorgeous flowers!! Truly!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oh wow! Your flower captures are SO fresh and pretty. Just lovely. What a wonderful way to start my morning. I also love your blog background. Every time I come here it totally makes me smile! Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Oh, I'm so in love with those daffodils... I'm really bummed that I never planted bulbs at our new house, what a let down this spring. I'm not letting that slip again this year, I've been inspired:-)

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments! They make my day...wait...my week!

Related Posts with Thumbnails