Thursday, May 20, 2010

Cookies In A Pinch

Pin It

IMG_9581

What do you do when your hubby comes home and says that he’d like to bring a treat into the office tomorrow?

Well, before you run to the grocery store, check your pantry first.

I give you…the cake mix cookie. My mom shared this one with me years ago. (Thanks, Mom!) In a pinch, it’s always a hit with both the baker and the eater .

Cake Mix Cookies

  • 1 cake mix
  • 1/2 cup vegetable oil
  • 2 eggs
  • Any extra mix-ins you want (for these I used 1/2 bag of the chips)

Mix all ingredients together in a large bowl. Form drop cookies from heaping tablespoons of dough. Bake on an non-greased cookie sheet at 350 degrees for 12-15 minutes. Let cool on sheet for 5 minutes, then finish cooling on a rack.

IMG_9574

This recipe is super versatile. I made my favorite combo this time: Devil’s Food cake mix and semi-sweet chocolate chips. I’ve also tried white cake mix and nuts or a milk chocolate mix and white chocolate chips. The variations are endless.

The cookies remind me of Mrs. Fields cookies or those Grandma’s cookies you see at the gas station. Soft and delish…AND EASY!

Pin It

9 comments:

  1. Now that is an awesome tip and recipe...I always have a cake mix on hand...never would have thought of this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never have cake mix on hand but maybe I should. Yum!! I always have enough ingredients for Hershey's One Bowl Brownies though.

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now I will always have cake mix in the pantry, just in case!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, I like this recipe. Easy and they look delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sabby, please stop by my blog as I have bestowed 2 blogging awards upon you! Now take that, you queen blogger!

    ReplyDelete
  6. i have just found you- via the above i think{??} and am making my fave australian bikkies *anzac cookies* as i read for the 5 kids in the garden...
    love you photos in the prev posts...i've just started playing around more with my camers so will be giving htese little *test* with DOF a go...and buying AT LAST a mac- which is what i assume you may be using to alter the colour a little?
    melissa :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This recipe is GREAT ... thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I JUST finished making these... and they are wonderful. :) So delicious. The only issue I have is trying to stop myself from eating them all! :) LOL

    ReplyDelete
  9. Although this is an older post, I had to thank you. I made several variations of these yesterday and they turned out great. One variation I tried was lime cake mix with white chocolate chips. They were delicious. Today I'm trying red velvet cake mix with chocolate chips and white cake mix with broken up peppermint candy. I'm hoping to share my results on my cooking blog at http://www.vancerecipebook.blogspot.com/. Thank you so much.

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments! They make my day...wait...my week!

Related Posts with Thumbnails