Monday, May 24, 2010

Crock Pot Crazy – Beef Pot Roast

Pin It

My recent post on Pulled-Pork Sandwiches got me hungry for more slow cooker meals. 

IMG_9562

This pot roast is based on a recipe from my recipe bible, the Better Homes & Gardens Cook Book.  I swear, I wouldn’t have cooked nearly as much with that this book over the years.  Great gift for your gal pals that are newbies too cooking too!

Anyway, my changes to the original are relatively small on this recipe.  Any way you slice it, this is a family and wallet friendly meal that leaves the cook free to do as she pleases during the day.

 Beef Pot Roast (adapted from Better Homes and Gardens Cook Book)

  • 2-1/2- to 3-pound boneless beef chuck pot roast
  • 3/4  cup water
  • 2  tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
  • 1  teaspoon instant beef bouillon granules
  • 1  teaspoon dried basil, crushed
  • 1/2  teaspoon salt
  • 1  pound tiny new potatoes or 4 medium potatoes, peel a strip of skin off each potato (if using larger potatoes, cut in half)
  • 1 1/2  pounds carrots, peeled and cut into 2-inch pieces
  • 2  small onions, cut into wedges
  • 2 cloves of garlic, whole
  • Black pepper (optional)
  1. Place potatoes, carrots, onions, and garlic to Crockpot. 
  2. Trim meat and place on tope of the vegetables.
  3. Combine the 3/4 cup water, Worcestershire sauce, bouillon granules, basil, and salt. Pour over meat.
  4. Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 9 to 11 hours or on high-heat setting for 4-1/2 to 5-1/2 hours.   Serve and enjoy!

IMG_9553

Pin It

3 comments:

  1. I use that cookbook all the time too. It's so beat up and falling apart!

    That roast looks mouthwatering!

    -heather

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, really nice pictures you've got here. That beef pot roast looks mouthwatering. I actually add baby potatoes in my recipe and bell pepper, too. Try it, I'm sure you'll like it too, :)

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments! They make my day...wait...my week!

Related Posts with Thumbnails