Thursday, May 6, 2010

Making Embellishments

Pin It

IMG_8634

After I finished my photo transfer, I felt that it needed a little something else.  I didn’t have any stickers or cut outs on hand.  So, I came up with a way to make my own embellishment.

typo background font

I recently added many new free fonts to my computer, one of them being Typo Background.  I picked a handful that I really like, enlarged them to the size I needed and printed them out on regular paper.

When you use Mod Podge on inkjet prints, you will sometimes get smears or bleeding.  I knew I needed to seal my embellishments up somehow so I took the print outside and hit it with several coats of acrylic spray.

IMG_8611

After the acrylic dried, I took them back inside, cut them out and used Mod Podge to adhere them to the piece. 

Viola…Homemade Embellishments!

IMG_8637 IMG_8629

Pin It

6 comments:

  1. You are so creative! I love that :).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks awesome. You are so creative!

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is such an awesome project. thanks for sharing all your steps!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Where do you get the square glass tiles? My craft store has no idea!

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments! They make my day...wait...my week!

Related Posts with Thumbnails