Sunday, May 9, 2010

Making Party Decor For The Dude’s Penguin Party

Pin It

My sons are seriously crazy over The Penguins Of Madagascar cartoon.  If you haven’t seen it, you should.  Fun time for all.

Anyway, B-boy decided he wanted a Penguin party this year.  No problem?!?  Wrong.  Apparently, the show isn’t popular enough to have its own party supplies, so I had to get creative.

IMG_9025IMG_9026    

First, I bought some generic squawkers (call me crazy) from Walmart and decided to Penguin them up.  Using an image I found online, I cropped each individual character out and saved each one as a separate .jpeg file. 

Then I opened a blank slide in PowerPoint and added each Penguin character to a blank slide.  By layering those images with a random shape, I had the decoration for the blowers I needed.

IMG_9030IMG_9041

Next, I printed and cut out the penguins.  I attached them to the blowers by making a few small holes with a hole punch and simply sliding them on.  The holes were small enough that the penguin images stayed tight.IMG_9042

To dress up my goodie bags, I used the same images from the blowers, made a hole in the top and attached them to closures for each bag.

IMG_9095-1   

Remember when I told you my mom and dad were crafty critters from way back?  Well, growing up, my mom ran a cake decorating business from our home.   She quit making cakes professionally several years ago, but my boys are lucky enough to get cakes made by Mamaw for their birthdays each year.

IMG_9094

IMG_9129

As if that wasn’t enough sugar, I made star shaped sugar cookies from my favorite recipe.  Sugar. Coma.

IMG_9132

IMG_9130

Braden loved his party.  We all had such an amazing day at the Children’s Museum with his little buddies and our family. 

IMG_9105-1

So, if your child wants a party with a particular character that isn’t available at your local party shop…NO WORRIES!  PowerPoint and Picassa are your friends!

IMG_9106-1

 
 
 
DIY Day @ ASPTL     Always Nesting   Show and Tell Green 
Join us Saturdays at tatertotsandjello.com for the weekend wrap up party!Get your craft on Thurs.
 
Pin It

11 comments:

  1. You are so creative!! What a fabulous job winging the party favors. Your mom made an awesome cake. I wish I had that kind of talent.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a great idea! I love the cookies. it makes me really hungry right now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lucky Braden to have such a crafty Mama! :) cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You and your mom did a great job Sabrina !!

    Gamma Bob

    ReplyDelete
  5. Woo Hoo! I'm so glad you linked this post. It's awesome. Thanks for adding your celebration for all of us to share. Hugs, Marla

    ReplyDelete
  6. My birthday is in a couple of weeks and I soooo want that cake!

    ReplyDelete
  7. We love the Penguins of Madagascar in our house, too. Definately worth a watch. ?Sadly? one of my favourite shows on TV. Well done with the birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a party, and way to go on being creative.

    Thanks for joining Get Your Craft on Thursday at Life As Lori... Please join me next week for another great party!

    ReplyDelete
  9. 2 cute! I am preparing for a Thomas the Train Birthday Party! You did a fabulous job!

    Happy Day,
    Jasey @ Crazy Daisy
    www.crazyjayzplace.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh I too recently made some cookies! Yours are FAB! And that cake = stunning!

    Come over from tatertots...

    Hugs,
    Bird

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments! They make my day...wait...my week!

Related Posts with Thumbnails