Saturday, May 29, 2010

Sarah’s House

Pin It

Do you watch Sarah’s House on HGTV? 

Canadian designer, Sarah Richardson, is one of my all time favorite decorating divas.  I’m in love with her style and have watched her shows from way back when she only did little crafty bits. 

image

Last year, she came out with the first Sarah’s House, where she bought an old house in the city and completely made it over.  Start to finish it was just amazing!  Way, WAY over any budget I would ever possess, but she has so many fabulous ideas.

This year, Sarah’s House is focusing on an old farm house.   Apparently this is Season 3 according to the HGTV-CA website..the Canadian HGTV has yet another (I’m sure awesome!) Sarah’s House season. 

 

Lucky Canadians! 

image

(Sarah Richardson Design)

In the current US HGTV season, she’s once again gutting a place AND adding a huge addition.  I love how she makes even the new spaces feel like they’ve been there forever.   The soft hues that are her signature, truly make these spaces so livable and cozy.  She has an unique way of weaving old and new to make something like contemporary country maybe?

Anyway, just wanted to share a show that some of you might find inspiring.  I drool weekly over Sarah’s style.  Check it out!

Pin It

9 comments:

  1. Oh, Sarah's one of my favorite designers too! And I'm Canadian (albeit from the opposite end of the country), so there's that. I just finished watching the farmhouse season. There was a marathon last weekend, so I recorded them all and watched them while I was on the treadmill. It turned out lovely... and I must say I loved that she used so much color throughout. Is that too much of a spoiler?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been watching Sarah's House and I like the design but on the last episode I watched she paid $130 a yard for fabric for a bathroom. The fabric was pretty but that kinda ruined it for me. Who spends that kind of money (total $700) on bathroom curtains. I wish she would be more realistic.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Sarah! She mixes old and new Perfectly! She is my favorite on HGTV. I ogle at all of her designs from the smallest decisions. Her budget is much more than I have ever had, but there are easy concessions that may be made to her spending choices.

    I just moved and am looking to her designs for inspiration :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. May I mention the room you pictures above is a perfect blend of my and my husband's wants? I am always trying to strike a compromise for the both of us (my husband would be a pirate if he could) and everything, the flowers, the color palate, the chandelier, and the sail ship are just perfect. Yet another reason to *love her.

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh wow! I love the look of that room, and I love Hgtv!!! My favorite!
    I'm new to your blog, lovin it!
    Just became a follower, so I'll be back!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. shows like these make me really sad to not have cable!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. She is my FAVORITE! We DVR her shows and just LOVE to watch them, we get so many wonderful ideas from her and are always learning new things! The only part I don't like. . .when I run out of space and have to delete one of her shows. I love the latest farm house!

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments! They make my day...wait...my week!

Related Posts with Thumbnails