Monday, June 21, 2010

Earth Box Update!

Pin It

I meant to do posts on my little Earth Box garden every other week, but…the weather has been warm, the oldest is out of school and we’ve been enjoying life. Sue me…I’m a summer lovin’ gal.

Today, I went out onto the deck to check out my “little” green beauties and realized WHOA…they’re HUGE! I have to share.

Let’s take a short walk down gardening memory lane…

In just over a month my plants that started out like this:

Earthbox1

And then began spouting up like this:

Earthbox2

Even after caging them up, they were unstoppable!

Earthbox3

And this is what they looked like this afternoon…

Earthbox

Isn’t gardening amazing? Three out of the four plants are loaded with blossoms.

IMG_1034

The Grape Tomato plant has many of these:

IMG_1037

And I found three of these little guys on the “Superfantastic” plant.

IMG_1030

Woo hoo! Summer is here…not officially, but this screams summertime to me.

Hope you are all enjoying this time of year…get on outside and blow the stink of ya’ (direct quote from my dad!)



DIY Day @ ASPTL

Pin It

7 comments:

  1. Those plants are amazing! You definitely have a green thumb!
    Have you tried growing chocolate tomatoes? I haven't, but they're sweet and delicious and you can just eat them like candy. THOSE are what I would grow if I didn't kill every green thing I touched.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I'm so impressed with your green thumb. I wish I had tomatoes growing. Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your tomatoes look amazing!! It won't be long before you will be picking some ripe ones. Summer is the best! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG! What are you feeding them? 5 weeks? I better go have a talk with my plants. They are taking their sweet time in making an appearance. Maybe because they know the olive oil and balsamic vinegar are waiting?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love those plants.... Great Job!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! That's impressive! My puny tomatoe plants are jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow. I can smell them growing.

    I'm definitely loving this!

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments! They make my day...wait...my week!

Related Posts with Thumbnails