Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Master Bath Mirror Update – The Never Ending Project

Pin It

There have been some amazing builders grade mirror transformations around the bloggy blog world these days. I’ve wanted to change ours out since we moved in, but we finally just got around to it. Sound familiar?

Of course, along with my procrastination of this supposedly simple project, there were some minor set backs…but I’ll get to those in a minute.

First Up – The Planning Stage

Rhoda’s fluted molding had me sold with the corner pieces idea because it doesn’t require miter cuts. Fantastic!!!

So, I bought all the required materials and just before making our cuts we realized a little issue.

Presentation1

This track would keep the bottom piece of molding from flatly attaching to the mirror. The molding and two corner pieces would jut out a bit and we weren’t sure how that would effect the rest of the spacing on the other sides.

Hmmmm? What to do? Then, I saw Maryann’s transformation at Domestically Speaking. She had the same track and I loved how her frame turned out. Sold!

Off to Home Depot again…Returned the corners and fluted molding, bought the other molding…yada yada, yada.

And I got to this point…

IMG_8941

and had to throw a birthday party. Mom duty calls.

To be continued…

Pin It

5 comments:

  1. Ooooh I can't wait to see/hear more :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea, I've only been hating my builder mirrors for 16 years! Can't wait to see the final pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Builder mirrors - visual space and an eyesore at the same time. I am going to distress mine... can't wait to see the finished project!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The anticipation to see what you are coming up with...can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We need to do something like this in our guest bath. Any hints on replacing the awful "hollywood style lighting fixture" that was so common in the early 90's?

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments! They make my day...wait...my week!

Related Posts with Thumbnails