Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Happy Belated 4th of July!

Pin It

Although my creative side has been on the back burner during these warmer months, I was still able to pull out a little something for the 4th.

IMG_1418

Last year I made a flag cake, but a friend of mine was bringing some patriotic cupcakes this year. I had to come up with something different.

Flag Fruit Pizza

Crust:

  • cooking spray
  • 1 package refrigerated sugar cookie dough

Sauce”:

  • 1 package (8 oz) cream cheese, softened
  • 1/4 cup powdered sugar
  • 4 oz (1/2 an 8 oz container) frozen whipped topping, thawed

Glaze:

  • 1/4 cup sugar
  • 1/4 cup orange juice
  • 2 Tbsp. water
  • 1 Tbsp. lemon juice
  • 1 1/2 tsp. cornstarch
  • Pinch of salt

Spray a pizza sheet (I used a disposable one) with cooking spray. Spread cookie dough evenly over sheet. Bake at 350 for 15-20 minutes until very lightly golden brown. Let cool for an hour or more.

Beat cream cheese and powdered sugar until smooth. Stir in whipped topping. Spread evenly over the crust.

Make glaze while crust is still cooling. In a saucepan, bring sugar, OJ, water, lemon juice, cornstarch, and salt to a boil, stirring constantly for 2 min or until thickened. Let cool and brush over fruit. Store in the refrigerator. Best if made the same day as served.

This recipe was kind of a mix from a few site, but most from Kitchen Scrapbook. She suggested waiting to place the fruit on the pizza until the glaze was made and cooled. This prevents browning of the bananas.

Before the glaze:IMG_1406

I have to say that I’ve made a lot of desserts in my life and this one was truly a hit and gone before I even got a second piece. Love that!

IMG_1409

Oh and I to share my friends cutie pie cupcakes too.

IMG_1471

Thanks Katie! She’s the mom to my favorite muses, Mary Kate and Maddie.

Did I mention there were Jello shots involved in this soiree? Yes, we are children.

….but it sure is fun now and again.

Hope you all had a fabulous 4th!!

Blessed with Grace








Pin It

17 comments:

  1. That is the most beautiful fruit flag pizza ever!! I made fruit pizza also this year, but instead of a flag I made a big red star in the middle (with raspberries) and just surrounded it with blueberries. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It turned out beautiful. I'd love ya to link it up with my tasty tuesdays today if ya can. Be forewarned that my comments aren't working. Blogger blows.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooooh How can I lose weight when I feel tempted to make this for the boys?!?

    I could never do jello shots. For some reason they always made me gag.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks delicious! I may have to play around with that and make some fruit tarts just for the fun of it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mmmm almost looks too beautiful to eat!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous and tasty all at the same time! Wish I'd had this recipe for this weekend. Gonna try it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have never seen the flag thing done with bananas, but now I need to try that! I LOVE anything with fresh fruit in it! The cupcakes are awesome! What a cute idea with the little stars? Are they cookies?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love it! Looks so fresh and tasty!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That looks YMMMY and what a very beautiful presentation! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Both look so great and yummy! Visiting you from Tasty Tuesdays!

    ReplyDelete
  11. nice recipes, thanks for sharing
    Helen

    ReplyDelete
  12. I found this on pinterest and we made it for today. It was amazing!!! Thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Just found this on pinterest and I'm going to have to make it even though it's past the 4th now. Very cool.. I also found it on Pinterest! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Delicious! made this for 4th of july & everyone loved it! Going to make it again birthday style tomorrow for my sis's B-day. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi, Sabrina! I'm stopping by to let you know that I featured your Flag Fruit Pizza on my blog today: http://www.chattingoverchocolate.com/2013/06/lets-have-pinteresting-4th-of-july.html
    Thanks so much for sharing! I hope you and your family enjoy a terrific upcoming 4th of July! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Sabrina, I love your creative idea about this patriotic pizza!
    I work at Foothill Family Service at Pasadena CA, and I am doing a infographics for our clients to have an idea how to have a cheap but fun Independence Day!
    I'd love to put your recipe and probably pizza on it.
    Thanks you so much for sharing!
    Please let me know if you are fine with it!

    At the bottom, I will show courtesy to you!
    thank you very much!

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments! They make my day...wait...my week!

Related Posts with Thumbnails