Monday, July 12, 2010

Mojo Chicken

Pin It

IMG_1138

As I mentioned before, I lived in Miami for a few years and really got a taste for Cuban food.  One of the typical Cuban marinades is called Mojo (pronounced Mo-ho).  It consists of citrus and loads of garlic.  Most recipes call for sour oranges, but I prefer regular old OJ to tone down the sourness a tad.

Mojo Marinade

  • 1 cup orange juice
  • juice from one lemon
  • zest from one lemon
  • 1/4 cup olive oil
  • 10 cloves of garlic, pressed
  • 1 tablespoon dried oregano
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • pepper to taste

Mix all ingredients together in a bowl and then pour over meat.  Marinate for at least an hour.

IMG_1133

I used this marinade on a little over a pound of boneless skinless chicken breasts that I had cut into tenders.  After marinating in a plastic bag for an hour, I poured the entire back into a large deep skillet and cooked it all over medium high heat for about 20 minutes.  It was DELISH!  You can also use this marinade prior to grilling or over pork.  Serve either meats with my Cuban Style Black Beans and you have a pretty healthy and yummy meal!

IMG_1137

Enjoy!

Blessed with Grace

image

Pin It

6 comments:

  1. That looks so great :) I want some! I will definitely have to try this recipe, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We love all kinds of chicken. I will have to try this one!
    Be sure to stop by and check out my
    Best Chicken Strips Ever
    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks soooo good! Can't wait to try it. I've never had Cuban food before.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've done something like this with steak, but I bet its delicious with chicken as well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks delish and I love the pics! Thanks so much for stopping by Tasty Tuesdays and linkin up! Hope you'll share other great ideas again.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks so good and really light. I love cuban food and I love your adaptation.

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments! They make my day...wait...my week!

Related Posts with Thumbnails