Wednesday, July 21, 2010

You Capture – Black and White

Pin It

I just got home from…well, my other home.  No, I don’t live in two houses, but the area I grew up in will always be “home” to me.  More on that later...

This week’s You Capture assignment was Black and White and I had a great time playing around with subjects in my rural hometown area over the last few days.

This old barn, the lighting, the clouds… PERFECT! 

IMG_1891-2

Buck the black lab(a.k.a. Buck-cephus), man’s best friend to one of my oldest pals and my “photography assistant” for the evening.  Thanks Brad!IMG_1776-2

I even found some great things to work with in my dad’s backyard.IMG_1957-2

Dad’s shed never looked so good.  B&W suits her well.  IMG_1962-2

And a photo road trip back home wouldn’t be complete without a self-portrait in the mirror of a pick-up truck.  Yee haw!

IMG_1831-2

Looking forward to sharing more pics from my recent trip soon!

Head on over to Beth’s blog, I Should Be Folding Laundry, for more amazing captures!

Photobucket

Pin It

20 comments:

  1. The first shot IS amazing. I do love the clouds. And it is so... clear.

    I adore the white fence. IT POPS! Great capture for this theme.

    And then, you are one HAWT mama Sabby! I never look that good on a road trip. Note: my hair is usually in tangles cause ac in the car gives me a headache. lol!

    GREAT CAPTURES CHICA!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous shots, all of them! But I think the first one is my favorite. And the self-portrait is fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love all of these, but the fence one is my favorite, amazing how black and white can make the ordinary look so much more....interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That dog is just too precious- and I love the barn shot.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great shots! like the one with the wheelbarrow.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love these shots. The contrast is fabulous. I love that fence shot the most. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. These were great, I love the dog, well actually, i love them all.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That wheelbarrow propped up against the shed makes me want to go dig up some potatoes! Nice work Sabby.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your pictures are wonderful. I love the first one, and well, I am a sucker for dogs, so that one of Buck is too much!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The barn shot is AMAZING but they are all really good :)
    -Brooke

    ReplyDelete
  11. They are all beautiful! Love the barn and the clouds! amazing :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Looks like the dog is posing! :) Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the self-portrait! Absolutely stunning how you set it up. =)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful picture of you. All of them are great!
    So glad you stopped by!
    Londen

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments! They make my day...wait...my week!

Related Posts with Thumbnails