Monday, August 16, 2010

GW End Tables – O’ Brother

Pin It end tables for steve
My “little” brother was in need of some new end tables. Seriously, he was using some old ones that were my grandmother’s circa 1950. B.A.D. Faux inlaid marble B.A.D.
Anyway, being a super awesome sister <smile>, I’ve been on the lookout for a few tables that I could redo for him. A lucky trip to Goodwill and I happened across these guys…
IMG_2410
For only $7/each! ACK! What a deal! Minus the dated finish and brassy hardware, they were in perfect condition too. Wobbly legs were easily fixed with a allen wrench.
Using the same technique as my GW coffee table redo, I applied 3 coats of Rustoleum’s Painters Touch in Black Semi-Gloss.
IMG_2640
Then I let the tables sit inside for a day…BIG TIME humidity this time of year. I then applied 3 coats of Minwax Polycrylic Protective Finish in Satin.
And you know how must I detest all things brassy, right? That old hardware didn’t stand a chance in this redo. I picked up two brushed nickel pulls from Target ($8/pair).
IMG_2643
I secretly want to keep these table for myself after they were finished.
Steven, sweet “little” brother of mine, you love me, right? Say it. Come on.
Love you more…and hope you like these tables once I get them down to STL for you and Tinita. Mwah!
IMG_2637
**Update: After reading this post, my husband wanted me to bring it to your attention that this was not completely a solo project. Oh no...he helped me sand one of these end tables. Thanks D! I think he appreciates the work that goes into my little redo's after sweating it out in our garage during the sanding process. Ha!
UPDATE part 2:  One of my commenters mentioned that these look very “Pottery Barn” and I found these similar tables on their site for $199!!
image
It makes my find at Goodwill seem even more grand!




  
Visit thecsiproject.com   

blog end
Pin It

24 comments:

  1. Hi Sabby! The tables turned out great! I would love to have those myself. What a great find!

    ReplyDelete
  2. these are perfect, sabrina! i love the black and silver combo. because yes, brass = yuck. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the sweet comment on my page! I love those end tables in black!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are great! Nice, nice redo. I'm contemplating a low stool in black, but was going to distress it. Hmmmm Maybe i'll try this instead!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow - they turned out fantastic. I just LOVE paint, especially black paint.

    Thanks for entering my giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow!!!! That turned out great! I see that you live in IL, so do I. FUNNY! Thanks for following, I am also your newest follower.
    Bonnie :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great transformation and what a sweet sister you are.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh what a can of paint can do! Looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  9. oooooh, those look so pretty!! I love the way they look in black with their new hardware!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fantastic look! I love the classic black...I too detest brass!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like the modern take on the table...very Pottery Barn for sure! You should join my "Restyle Your World" linky party this Monday...saying goodbye to summertime with a look at our summery crafts, decorating, displays, jewelry, photography, baking, etc.

    Blessings,
    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  12. GW rocks! So cool it looks so much better. Love this! You have to link this to my Upcycled Awesome Linky party at http://tinyurl.com/Upcycled10

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, you really updated those! They look great! I really need to work on being more crafty like this!

    ReplyDelete
  14. They turned out beautifully! Great job. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Much better updated. The nickle pulls are the icing on the cake.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Those tables turned out beautiful!! Your brother owes you now for the rest of your life :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lucky brother! I need some Goodwill love in my life. My Goodwill is full of mothballs and scowly looks.

    ReplyDelete
  18. These are PERFECT, Sabrina! You did a wonderful makeover -- isn't Goodwill the best!?! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments! They make my day...wait...my week!

Related Posts with Thumbnails