Sunday, August 15, 2010

Lemon Blueberry Muffins

Pin It

Oh, summer love and the garden bounties that come during this time of year. <sigh>

IMG_2239

On a recent trip to my in-laws’ lake house, B-boy was treated to blueberry picking. What does one do with a ton of fresh blueberries??

Muffins, of course! And this recipe, from Cooking Light, is a perfect blend of summer flavor.

Lemon Blueberry Muffins (from Cooking Light)

  • 2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1/2 cup sugar
  • 1 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
  • 1/4 cup butter
  • 1 1/4 cups low-fat buttermilk
  • 1 large egg
  • 1 tablespoon grated lemon rind
  • 1 cup blueberries
  • Cooking spray
  • 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
  • 1/2 cup powdered sugar

Preheat oven to 400°.

Lightly spoon flour into dry measuring cups; level with a knife. Combine flour and next 5 ingredients (flour through nutmeg) in a medium bowl; cut in butter with a pastry blender or 2 knives until mixture resembles coarse meal.

Combine buttermilk, egg, and rind; stir well with a whisk. Add to flour mixture; stir just until moist. Gently fold in blueberries.

Spoon batter into 12 muffin cups coated with cooking spray. Bake at 400° for 20 minutes or until the muffins spring back when lightly touched. Remove muffins from pans immediately, and place on a wire rack to cool.

Combine lemon juice and powdered sugar in a small bowl. Drizzle glaze evenly over cooled muffins.

IMG_2251

Right down to the lemony glaze…perfection on a plate.

IMG_2244



Pin It

11 comments:

  1. What beautiful muffins! I'm going to bookmark the recipe. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love anything lemon--blueberries are just a plus. I really love your blog header.

    ReplyDelete
  3. holy yummy!! tahnks for sharing these....totally trying these!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These look so good! I love all things lemon and blueberries so I am really going to have to make these!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yummy!! Fresh bluberry mufffins. When I was a kid my mom used to freeze blueberries and it was my brother's fav treat- frozen blueberries. Thanks so much for sharing and linkin up for tasty tuesdays.

    ReplyDelete
  6. These look like a perfect breakfast! I might just make some right now to eat!

    ReplyDelete
  7. One of my all-time favorite food combos....blueberries + lemon = YUMM-O!!

    Blessings!
    Gail

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, my! The pics want me to eat the screen. THese look delish! Love the lemon and blueberry combo!

    Have a great day!
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  9. That lemon glaze looks incredible!

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's great to share with friends. I'd love for you to join us at my other blog, "Its A Blog Party". I host a different party everyday, Tuesdays are all about food. http://itsablogparty

    -Liz

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments! They make my day...wait...my week!

Related Posts with Thumbnails