Monday, August 30, 2010

Pesto Chicken and Pasta

Pin It

After making a few batches of basil pesto last week, I used a portion of the fresh stuff to make this yummy summery pasta dish.  Enjoy!

IMG_2686 

Pesto Chicken and Pasta

  • 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast
  • 2 Tablespoons oil (I use canola or olive oil)
  • 1/2 cup sun dried tomatoes
  • 1/2  cup chicken broth
  • 1 cup pesto
  • 1 box penne pasta, cooked and drained
  • fresh parmesan (optional)
  • salt and pepper to taste

In a large skillet, cook chicken in oil until done.  Remove chicken from skillet, cut into bite sized pieces and set aside.  Meanwhile, cook pasta in salted water according to directions. 

Over medium high heat in skillet used for cooking chicken, add  sun dried tomatoes, chicken broth and pesto.  Bring to a boil.  Reduce heat and add chicken back to skillet with pesto mixture.  Stir in cooked pasta and cook for a few more minutes adding salt and pepper to taste.  Serve immediately with freshly grated parmesan cheese.

IMG_2681

   

Pin It

14 comments:

  1. Following from Tasty Tuesdays! Great recipe. I love pesto recipes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a AWESOME!!! recipe always loking for NEW!!! pasta recipes.
    Following for Tempt My Tummy, THANKS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Visiting from Tasty Tuesdays. This looks wonderful!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yummy! Gonna have to try this one! Pasta is usually a winner with our munchkins, no matter what it's topped with.

    ReplyDelete
  5. holy delicious! this looks so good, can't wait to try it out! thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh gosh you are making me hungry! And all I have is a plain old sandwich. This looks really delish!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This looks delicious! I love pesto! Thanks for sharing! This one will definitely be done in my household.
    Thanks for sharing
    ~Dorcas
    http://4sweetangels.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks great! I make a similar dish only without the tomatoes and with some added lemon juice. I'll have to try it your way next time! - www.delightfulcountrycookin.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks so much for sharing this Sabrina. It looks so yummy. And beautiful to boot. Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I cook with pesto a lot, but I've not added sun dried tomatoes yet - thanks for sharing a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Girl, thanks for your words at my place today. Totally crackin me up and I could agree more. I think I'm over it too.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Excellent recipe. I found it today on Pinterest and am eating it right now.

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments! They make my day...wait...my week!

Related Posts with Thumbnails