So we moved in and I was in a hurry. Sue me.
And this was WAY before my DIYing/GW fixin’ days. Not a completely awful purchase, right?
Okay, so maybe a little awful.
I’ve been looking high and low for just the right piece to replace it, but no luck. I decided to work with what we had and spruce up the beast. I figured if I screwed it up, it couldn’t look any worse.
I started off by removing the spring loaded glass doors.
* Queue the Rustoleum Painter’s Touch! Yes, I’m a black paint addict these days. *
After a light sanding, I gave the entire piece one coat of spray primer and two coats of black paint. (Basically used the same tips and tricks from previous projects.)
Oh and I also decided to dress the ol’ gal up a bit with these…
If you’re wondering, what the heck is going on in the above picture, here’s a tip: I made holes in the bottom of this box, stuck the new soon-to-be-legs of my TV stand in the holes and painted away. Worked out really well!
To attach the legs, I used these leg plates that I found (conveniently!) next to the wooden legs at HD.
Marked the screw holes, pre-drilled the holes…
…and attached the legs.
Only one minor boo boo in this process…
I got a little wild with the pre-drilling and went all the way through! Oops! Easily fixed and repainted.
And finally, she was a brand new-to-us TV stand!
I really loved the way it turned out. For very little money and effort we have a new piece of furniture using something I was wanting to put out at the curb!
Dumpster diving within your own house…that’s how we roll.
Have you entered my
Check it out!!! $75 Gift Certificate!!!