Monday, September 13, 2010

GW Wall Shelves

Pin It

Another lucky stop by Goodwill and I found these great shelves.

BEFORE:IMG_2429

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

What a STEAL!  Only $2.99/each! 

AFTER:IMG_3822

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

They were in great shape, I just didn’t like the knotty pine finish so much…remember my knotty pine furniture redo? 

I simply gave them each a light sanding and then a few coats of Rustoleum’s Heirloom White spray paint. (Finally, NO BLACK!)

IMG_2659

I wanted a slightly worn look so I lightly sanded a few corners and a little on the sides here and there.

Then, I added some watered down some craft paint and wiped it off, leaving it heavier in a few places.

IMG_3825

So happy that I didn’t pass these up at Goodwill.  Now, where to hang them??

Linking to:

Made It Without My Hubby Party @ Shanty2Chic, Power of Paint Wednesdays @ Domestically Speaking, Blue Cricket Designs:  Show & Tell Wednesday, Penny Pinching Party @ The Thrifty Home

Pin It

5 comments:

  1. Now that's a super great deal from the GW! I really like the white. I hear you, no pine for me either! Now I can't wait to see where you put them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They look fabulous; don't you just love Goodwill!

    I'm a regular there, lol!

    Sue
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I ♥ Thrift Stores! I hope you find the perfect stop to hang them!

    Visiting from CSI Project. Visit me at www.illgetyoumypretties.blogspot.com if you'd like!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thrift stores are my favorite : ) <3 them for sure!

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments! They make my day...wait...my week!

Related Posts with Thumbnails