Friday, September 24, 2010

Kid Incident – The Checkbook

Pin It

We’re in the midst of a HUGE tattle tale phase in our house.  I’m sure you’re all aware of how this goes down.

“MOM!  Braden…blah blah blah!”

“Mommy!  Lanham…blah blah blah.”

I sort of tune it out.  I mean you have to…It’s ALL DAY LONG!

Of course, there are always exceptions to the rule.  Especially when the tattler is older.

IMG_3023-1

And, for the most part, wiser than his younger (more devious?) brother.

IMG_3035

So here’s the INCIDENT:

The hubby is the main check writer in our house these days.  Don’t even say it.  It just works for us to have one person writing the checks and it takes one more thing off my to do list. 

Anyway, so I had to write a check for something last week and after writing said check I left our checkbook out on the counter. 

Big mistake. 

B-boy decided to snatch it multiple times throughout the day.  For some reason, each time I took it back from him I didn’t put it back in its super-secret-keep-Braden-out-of-it spot.  Dumb me.

Why?  Probably because I was juggling a million other things

The result of my laziness?

Hubby:  “Oh, well look at this, Sabrina.”

IMG_3943

“Oh, Braden got into the checkbook today…he’s trying to be like us…isn’t that funny?”

IMG_3952

Hubby:  “Well, one check would be funny…”

IMG_3945

“The entire book…not so much!”

IMG_3947

You see, Lanham kept coming inside and telling me that Braden had something he wasn’t supposed to…tattle, tattle, tattle. 

It wasn’t until Lanham brought the thing INSIDE from the back yard and put it right in front of my face, that I realized I should have listened to Big Brother.

IMG_3948

Lanham:  “ MOM!!  He’s NOT supposed to have this, right?  RIGHT?!?”

IMG_3950

Funny thing is that once Lanham brought it to me, I just took it from him and put it back in its proper hiding spot. 

Never looked inside.

Then when D sat down to do the bills that night…well, you get the picture.

IMG_3951

You have to admire B’s efforts to forge a signature though, right?

Braden, you little devil. 

This child.  He’s mine.  All mine.  In so many ways.  Hee hee.

Pin It

5 comments:

  1. Had to giggle a little. This would totally happen at my house! Actually my almost 2 year old did get ahold of a friends checkbook ~ they were over and contributing to pizza night, but didn't get their checkbook put away fast enough. Luckily she only got to two check blanks :) Ahhh, you gotta love 'em!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! So how many did he "sign"? lol!

    Those photos of your boys fit this story so perfectly. Little stinker!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh man, my kids have done some doozies but yours takes the cake! So sorry for you, how is Mr. Check Writer handling it?

    Megan

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh NO!! :) So funny though :). I hope you had another available checkbook!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't know why, but that really made me laugh. I know it's not really funny...but it is. THanks for visiting me. I'm loving your blog and now following. I can't wait to see more.

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments! They make my day...wait...my week!

Related Posts with Thumbnails