Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Coffee Table To Bench Reveal

Pin It Remember my “shopping trip” in the my dad’s basement?  Well, I did a little happy dance when I saw this coffee table.
I remember it from my grandma’s house when I was really little…
IMG_3751
BTW…Who thought that faux formica marble was a cool idea?
Then I remember it being at my little brother’s pad…
IMG_3757
It had rough life there.
Notice the boo boo??
IMG_3764
Anyway, my house wasn’t really in need of another coffee table.  Nope.
However, I was in the market for a table with pretty legs that I  could convert to a end of the bed bench for our master bedroom.
IMG_3758
This table was fit the bill:  pretty legs, sturdy when sat upon (once I fixed the “boo boo”) and FREE! (Thanks to the p’s!)
I fixed the leg issue, spray painted the legs and sides with my new favorite, Heirloom White, added some padding and upholstered the top.
IMG_6531
Sounds simple enough, right?
Well, maybe not all that simple.  I’ll be sure to post a step by step soon!  Until then, here’s the before and after:
bench
Isn’t she lovely?  And functional to boot!

I’m linking this post up to the below parties!  Check them out for some fabulous inspiration!

handmade projectsHOGShow and Tell GreenGet your craft on Thurs. Funky Junk's Saturday Nite SpecialThe DIY Show OffUndertheTableandDreaming

    

Miss Mustard Seed’s Furniture Feature Friday

 

Pin It

28 comments:

  1. FAB! You could start a little business, I think. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty. Can't wait to see how you attached the padding and fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I actually gasped when I saw the last photo. It's gorgeous and who would think it started out as an ugly coffee table?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the bench! I'm so happy to see old coffee tables rescued from a potential trip to the landfill :) You did a great job on this piece!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So clever! who would have thought? But what I think is cool, is that the two of you have history! Awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great idea. I love the fabric you picked out also. It really plays nice with the white curvy legs. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your new bench. What a great idea of using a coffee table.

    I hope you can stop by my blog on Sunday for my Show Off Sunday Party. I would love for you to share your project with my followers.

    http://houseofthriftydecor.blogspot.com/2010/10/show-off-sunday-party_24.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great idea! Don't you love when a beauty and function come together?! Nice work!
    ~ Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  9. I know its been said before...but that is a great idea. Can't wait for the tutorial.
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  10. Super cute! I'm now on the hunt for a cool coffee table to turn into a bench. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. GREAT makeover. Love your choice of color and fabric. And great job seeing the table's potential!

    ReplyDelete
  12. clever makeover. love how you describe the broken leg "boo boo"

    ReplyDelete
  13. FANTASTIC!!!!!! Looks amazing and I will not look at that type of coffee table the same again! Great job! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love it! Such a great transformation!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love this so much!! I LOOOVE black & white...come check out the B&W bench I just made!!
    http://christinasadventures2010.blogspot.com/2010/10/cinderella-story.html

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love that idea! I have a coffee table that would be perfect for this!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Totally caught my eye at Sarah's party! I love coffee table transformations and yours is fabulous! Looking forward to the step-by-step because I almost did this same project with my coffee table.

    ReplyDelete
  18. LOVE IT! I've bookmarked it to be featured on Tip Junkie. My goodness it's beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Turned out beautiful. Can't wait to see the tutorial - even though I know I'd never do one myself. I'll just live vicariously thru you, okay?

    Love the black & white! Would love for you to stop by this weekend and link up to Passion for Paint!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Sabby, Fantastic transformation. Love the fabric - simply fabulous! Thanks so much for linking to the Sunday Showcase Party! I greatly appreciate it! I featured this on the first round of showcases - stop by and grab a featured button if you like. Hope you are enjoying your week! ~ Stephanie Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  21. Looks great, I have a table of my grandmother's that is almost exactly like yours, I didn't know what to do with the curved detail on the top, now, thanks to you I do.

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments! They make my day...wait...my week!

Related Posts with Thumbnails