Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Dresser Redo – Another GW Steal

Pin It My mom recently added an additional bathroom to her basement.  It will definitely help out with her favorite, er….only daughter plus hubby plus kiddos barge in for the weekend.  

I’m hoping to feature her new basement bathroom before and after’s really soon, but for now, I’d like to show off my contribution to the space.

The new bath has a wall cabinet that felt a little lost and lonely.  My mom told me to keep an eye out for a dresser or cabinet to put below it for linen storage.  Well, mom and I just happened to be dropping off some of my clothes at GW a few weekends back and took a peek inside.

IMG_4875
What luck!

It was priced at $14.99 AND we used a 20% off coupon that I received for my donation that day.  Who knew GW had their own coupons??  They’ve truly “arrived”! 

IMG_4877
So for around $12, I thought I could handle facing those multi-colored knobs and shiny gold embellishments head on.

A lot of sanding and cleaning, Painter’s Touch White Satin paint (x2) and Polycrylic (x2) to seal the deal.

IMG_5761
Another great find?  These ceramic knobs were marked down at Meijer to 40 cents EACH! 
IMG_5766 IMG_5764
And what would a reveal be without the Before and After shot:

dresser for mom
Now its just waiting for my mom to come and take her home this coming weekend.  She’s going to love it!




   Show and Tell Green   
Miss Mustard Seed's Furniture Feature Friday
Pin It

3 comments:

  1. i love the sleek white look!

    Kimra
    http://crafty-cove.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. i also love hte sleep white look! it would look so great in a room with white walls, and pops of red or yellow in fun textiles!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did a super job on the dresser! Yep, I use my coupons at Goodwill all the time - makes for killer deals! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments! They make my day...wait...my week!

Related Posts with Thumbnails