Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Photography: What I’ve Been Up To

Pin It

Lately, it feels like I haven’t been posting much about my photography.  It’s not for a lack of actually taking photos, that’s for sure.  I suppose its just the crazy amount of DIY projects I’ve been working on, trying to beat the coming colder weather. 

So, recently, I’ve “borrowed” the adorable faces of my friends’ children to work on my portraits.  Here are some of my favorites. 

First up, Miss Maddie, Braden’s bestest buddy.

image

And, of course, little sister Mary Kate tagged along too!

08-20101

These girls are so pretty and make taking pictures a breeze.  Those eyes!!! 

Most recently, I had the pleasure of working with my neighbor/gym friends’ three children.  God bless her…she has twin 3 year old boys and a 4 year old daughter.  She’s busy.  She teaches spin too.  Did I mention she’s busy? 

Anywho, she’s been blessed with three gorgeous babes, all three with different little personalities. 

Edits

I knew the shoot would be a challenge, but that’s what I was looking for.  I wanted to push the limits and boy did they push it.    It was a lot of fun and I learned SO much.  

IMG_4116-3

Again, having beautiful kids to work with makes my job so much easier!

IMG_4363-4

IMG_4635-3

This next one was completely unplanned.  In fact, it was in the midst of thinking we lost this little guy that we found he lying here hiding!  Lucky us.

IMG_4371-3-3

I took tons of pictures over a two hour period and had zero meltdowns.

IMG_4455-6

I got plenty of great shots of each child individually, but the group shot…well, we’re going to try again soon. :)  Here’s the best shot of the three of them together.

IMG_4156

I love the casual set up, but didn’t capture all three of them facing the same direction.  Better luck next time.

A big THANKS to my gal pals for letting me play with their kiddos again and again.  You guys are awesome and your support in this photography adventure means so much to me!

And thanks to my wonderful readers for bearing with me on this picture happy post!

Pin It

8 comments:

  1. Your photos are amazing! Never too many for me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You definitely have a gift. I look at these photos and see professional. They are beautiful and they completely capture the kids.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE the black & white one, the light is so dramatic.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing! Isn't it funny how usually the unplanned shots turn out the best ~ that shot is fantastic. I also love the one above it ~ the mother and daughter shot is just precious. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well Thankfully the little guy was found and gave you a great shot to take. You are really talented, I so wish we lived closer, I would most definitely hire you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What beautiful pics. Thanks for sharing your talent with us. Bravo.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great job on this set! They are beautiful. The last shot is sweet and keeping it real!

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments! They make my day...wait...my week!

Related Posts with Thumbnails