Tuesday, October 19, 2010

What I’ve Learned…during my 2nd grader’s fall baseball.

Pin It

IMG_4884-6

1.  Whatever is growing in that outfield is freakin’ awesome and memorizing.  All the little outfielders (including my own!) seem hypnotized during the last inning.

IMG_4886-2

2.  Big League Chew is still super cool.  Kids between the ages of 6 and 7 look hysterical with a wad of the stuff in their mouths.

 05356l1

3.  Catching gear.  Catching gear that’s too big.  Nuf said.

IMG_4927-2

4.  Little boys like to really get into the game.  Translated, this means they literally like to get.  into.  the.  game.  And since the game is baseball, it involves a lot of dirt, sand and grass….all of which ends up on their tiny little white baseball pants.  They look like they really had a rough night on the field when they come home.  ;)

IMG_4907-2

5.  What’s funnier?  (1)Watching the 1st baseman lay flat on his stomach (WHILE the game is going on!) brushing dust off the base OR (2) looking at the expression of his mom sitting next to me, shrugging in horror at her boy. 

We embrace to comfort each other.  Ha!

6.  Did you know that if little boys are left for more than a few seconds WAY out in the outfield, that they will find rocks…and then proceed to have a little catching game in the outfield with the rocks.  Did I mention that this all happens DURING the game? 

IMG_4915-2

7.  I’m pretty sure the only thing that keeps them all going during the last half hour of a game is the promise of yummy treats when it’s all over.

 IMG_4881-3

8.  And last, but not least…all laughs aside, I’ve learned that getting kids involved in something like baseball…no matter their skill level…is a wonderful experience.

My son LOVES baseball.  Even though he’s struggling in all areas of the game, I’m SO PROUD of him for sticking with it and being so excited to head out to the field each week.  Looking forward to spring ball now! 

Well, watching the games… NOT the bleacher butt.  :(

Pin It

4 comments:

  1. Awww... they're so cute!

    Kids are so funny, but honestly, I would probably be bored and lying on my tummy at first base too. And picking at the bugs in the dirt.

    I think that first photo needs to be framed and put up somewhere. What a great capture of WHO he is at exactly this age.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Every once in a while I get jealous of mamas that have 1 or more girls and then I remember that a lot of little boys play baseball. And man, I can't wait for this. These are the cutest shots. Great work! I love the pictures by 3,4,5. The last shot is perfect. All boy!

    Ps. Thank you for your kind words yesterday. The reset is mostly emotional not physical. I'm not knocking 150 at all. I don't feel unhealthy, but I'm ready to get back into my size 5's already. lol! This anxiety that I've been feeling is just a little push in that direction. To take care of myself better. OMG... should have just emailed you instead of taking over your comments. sorry!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the sweet comments! I thought the shots turned out ok for using a 50mm. Need a zoom!!!!

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments! They make my day...wait...my week!

Related Posts with Thumbnails