1. Whatever is growing in that outfield is freakin’ awesome and memorizing. All the little outfielders (including my own!) seem hypnotized during the last inning.
2. Big League Chew is still super cool. Kids between the ages of 6 and 7 look hysterical with a wad of the stuff in their mouths.
3. Catching gear. Catching gear that’s too big. Nuf said.
4. Little boys like to really get into the game. Translated, this means they literally like to get. into. the. game. And since the game is baseball, it involves a lot of dirt, sand and grass….all of which ends up on their tiny little white baseball pants. They look like they really had a rough night on the field when they come home. ;)
5. What’s funnier? (1)Watching the 1st baseman lay flat on his stomach (WHILE the game is going on!) brushing dust off the base OR (2) looking at the expression of his mom sitting next to me, shrugging in horror at her boy.
We embrace to comfort each other. Ha!
6. Did you know that if little boys are left for more than a few seconds WAY out in the outfield, that they will find rocks…and then proceed to have a little catching game in the outfield with the rocks. Did I mention that this all happens DURING the game?
7. I’m pretty sure the only thing that keeps them all going during the last half hour of a game is the promise of yummy treats when it’s all over.
8. And last, but not least…all laughs aside, I’ve learned that getting kids involved in something like baseball…no matter their skill level…is a wonderful experience.
My son LOVES baseball. Even though he’s struggling in all areas of the game, I’m SO PROUD of him for sticking with it and being so excited to head out to the field each week. Looking forward to spring ball now!
Well, watching the games… NOT the bleacher butt. :(Pin It