Sunday, November 7, 2010

Banana Cupcakes With Cream Cheese Frosting

Pin It

Well, rather than wait for my precious bananas to be hidden by little stinkers, I thought I’d whip up some Banana Cupcakes.  Much better use, don’t ya’ think?

IMG_3902

This recipe comes from my cooking bible, the Better Homes & Gardens Cook Book.  I’ve made this recipe several times in cake form, so I thought I’d try it out as cupcakes too.  My hope was portion control…um…that didn’t work out so well.

IMG_3894

Banana Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Frosting (adapted from Better Homes and Gardens Cookbook)

  • 2 eggs
  • 2 cups  all-purpose flour
  • 1 1/2  cups  sugar
  • 1 1/2  teaspoons  baking powder
  • 1  teaspoon  baking soda
  • 1/2  teaspoon  salt
  • 1  cup  mashed ripe bananas (about 3)
  • 3/4  cup  buttermilk or sour milk
  • 1/2  cup  shortening
  • 1  teaspoon  vanilla

1. Line muffin tins with liners, set aside.  Preheat oven to 350 degrees. 

2. In a large mixing bowl stir together flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Add bananas, buttermilk, shortening, and vanilla. Beat with an electric mixer on low speed until combined. Add eggs; beat on medium speed for 2 minutes. Fill muffin tins about 1/2 full.

3. Bake in a 350 degree F oven for 18 to 20 minutes or until a wooden toothpick comes out clean. Cool cupcakes in pans on wire racks for 10 minutes. Remove cupcakes from pan and cool thoroughly on racks. Frost with below cream cheese frosting.  Makes 24-30 cupcakes.

IMG_3893

Cream Cheese Frosting

  • 1/2  of an 8-ounce package  reduced-fat cream cheese (Neufchatel), softened
  • 1/4  cup  butter, softened
  • 1  teaspoon  vanilla
  • 2  cups  powdered sugar
  • 1  to 2 teaspoons  fat-free milk

Beat cream cheese, butter, and vanilla in a medium bowl with an electric mixer on medium speed until light and fluffy. Gradually add powdered sugar, beating well. If necessary, gradually beat in milk to reach spreading consistency.

IMG_3899

Yes, you deserve these.  Several of them.  Try storing them in the refrigerator…makes the icing taste even MORE delish!

 

Pin It

10 comments:

  1. Oh my! Banana cupcakes with cream cheese frosting. Wow. I think I've died and gone to heaven!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummy! Thanks, can't wait to try them out

    ReplyDelete
  3. These look delicious and that cream cheese frosting looks luscious.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These look good dont feel bad I have baked cupcakes thinking I could eat less of them. Love the cream cheese frosting.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Delicious!!! I LOVE the idea of cream cheese frosting on banana anything!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mmmm... banana cupcakes and cream cheese frosting. Someone give me a mixing bowl!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sabby, so glad to see you again! You have no idea how I'm craving banana cupcakes now. Thanks for participating in our first ever blog hop - hope to see you at the next one too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yum, bananas and cream cheese frosting-can't go wrong!

    ReplyDelete
  9. These look amazing, my dad loves bananas so this would be a perfect treat for his next visit..

    sweetlfe

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for participating in our RecipeLion blog hop! We'll be doing one every month, so feel free to join in the fun again.

    Thanks,
    Sarah
    Editor
    RecipeLion.com

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments! They make my day...wait...my week!

Related Posts with Thumbnails