Thursday, November 4, 2010

Kid Incident – The Hidden Banana

Pin It

If Braden had his way, his entire daily caloric intake would be in liquid form.

The kid constantly drinks.  The problem with that being the resulting “I’m FULL” following these drinking binges.  So we’ve devised this system that has worked pretty well for almost the last three years.  Yes, he’s had a “drinking” problem from his early days.  Poor thing.  :)

IMG_0943 - Copy

So, our system has always been to let him have a cup of milk when he wakes up each morning.  Then he has to eat some breakfast food.  Then he can have his beloved orange juice. 

He’s always complied, happily coming up to me after finishing his breakfast with a cheerful, “I get juice-sh now!”

Lately though…he’s getting smart.

The incident.  A few weeks ago, Braden finished his morning milk and was eating his banana.  It was a big banana.  Within of a few seconds of peeling it and giving it to him he returned with a sly smile…

“I get juice-sh now!”

“Buddy…where’s that nanner?”

No response…just a smile.

I walked over to where he supposedly enjoying this banana and found it.  

On the floor. 

He had just placed the sticky nanner on the floor next to the couch hoping that either I wouldn’t see it or that Dixie the wonder pooch would happen upon it and devour it. I explained the importance of REAL food, the importance of Dixie NOT getting people food and the ins and outs of lying…as well as one can explain to a 3 year old.  He nodded.  Ate another banana and got his juice.banana

Well, wouldn’t you know it, the hidden banana trick struck again.  This time with even more creativity.

Same scenario as above:  kid drinks milk.  kid gets nanner.  kid comes back WAY too quick requesting juice.

“Buddy…where’s that nanner?”

“I don’t know.”

“Don’t lie, just tell me where it is.”

“I don’t know.”

This went on for 30 minutes with various threats and loads of tears on his end.  I even did the dreaded call to daddy to try to get the intel out of my sneaky toddler. 

Nothing.  Nada.  Nope.

I started to imagine the smell of the hidden banana and the swarm of gnats to follow.  Ugh.

Finally, he caved.

“It’s under the couch.”

I look under the couch.  No banana there.

“Not that couch.  This couch!”

He points to the ottoman.  I don’t see anything under there.  Then he pulls out this tote.

IMG_6491

And opens it up.

IMG_6488

Yep, my sneaky little three year old son took his unwrapped and sticky nanner, placed it in his Brookfield Zoo tote and slyly hid it under our family room ottoman. 

All for the sake of JUICE-SH!

IMG_0912 - Copy

Pin It

2 comments:

  1. Ha ha! Okay, I'm only laughing because I have my hands full too. You are in for one wild ride as he gets older, my friend! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Funny! glad you found it before it was a black nanner hiding in a tote bag. :)

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments! They make my day...wait...my week!

Related Posts with Thumbnails