Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Calling All Mom’s – Check Out This New Cookbook

Pin It

I was reading a great article in the Fall 2010 Real Simple Family magazine called “My Dinner Doula” by Lori Leibovich.  The author is dealing with issues that I think many of us mom’s to little ones face…the picky eater.  On top of that, the author confesses she’s not Julia Child and has succumbed to the hot dog and nugget rotation. 

The article continues with Lori confiding in her friend Jenny, who happens to write an awesome cooking blog called Dinner:  A Love Story.  They work on a plan to get this family eating together, eating healthier and enjoying meal time.  It’s a pretty inspiring article so check it out.  No, they’re not paying me, but I had to share something that I’m sure many readers can relate to.

After reading the article, I checked out Jenny’s blog and found out that she, along with other Cookie magazine editors, wrote a book called Time For Dinner.  The blog convinced me I needed this book…who doesn’t need more tips and tricks in their meal time bag?

I haven’t made it all the way through the book, but so far I’m in love with all of the new ideas I’ve found here.  There’s basics as to what you should keep on hand for easy meals and a whole section on how to get more than one meal from a basic meal starter.  LOVE 2 for 1 meals.  Actually, in this book, they’re 3 for 1 meals!  Fantastic. 

One that I’m interested in trying uses flank steak, a meal that my family already loves.  So, I was pumped to find other ways to use it.

 

 

Speaking of my love for flanks steak, I made one last week.  Leftovers consisted of this yummy number:

IMG_8721

Romaine, thin slices of steak, hard boiled egg, feta, tomatoes, cucumber, red onion, walnuts, dried cranberries and balsamic dressing.  I have a favorite balsamic dressing too…

IMG_9372

Not only is it the perfect mix of sweet and savory, but it’s fat free too!

Oh and if you need a BIG laugh check out this post where Jenny wrote a “legal” agreement regarding morning lunch making duties.  I fell off of my blogger butt chair reading it. 

Anywho, just thought I’d share a fun foodie find to my bloggy friends in time for the holidays.  This would make a great gift for the other mommy cooks in your life. 

Pin It

1 comment:

  1. Your salad looks delicious! I've never heard of that brand of salad dressing but it sure looks good.

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments! They make my day...wait...my week!

Related Posts with Thumbnails