Thursday, December 16, 2010

Cookie Making: 1st Annual Cookie Exchange

Pin It

My friend, Carrie, hosted a great little cookie exchange party last week.  It was my first time participating in one of these, but totally up my alley.

I decided to use my favorite sugar cookie recipe and try my hand at Christmas cookie decorating. 

IMG_9374

Oh and just a little tip…if you an into making cut out sugar cookies, then you need to invest in a silicone baking mat.  I have two of them.  The first I received for free with my subscription to Real Simple.  After falling in love with that one, I bought another mat at Bed, Bath & Beyond

IMG_9373

They keep the cookies from over browning on the bottom and make the surface completely non-stick.  The cookies just slide right off the sheet.  LOVE IT!

Please excuse my mess!

IMG_9377

Another tip:  lay craft paper down on your countertop and decorate your cookies on a cooling rack.  Makes for easy clean up. 

IMG_9378

The party was great and we all brought something different to exchange. 

There were these yummy toffee bars:

IMG_9382

“Poor Man Turtles”:

IMG_9386

Chocolate Crinkle Cookies:

IMG_9401

IMG_9402

Thumbprint Cookies with Jam (Hubby’s favorite):

IMG_9408

This one took me back…Peanut Butter Blossoms:

IMG_9414

And here’s a few more shots of my sugar cookies creations:

IMG_9397

IMG_9393

What a great gathering!  Here’s the best part…

IMG_9415

Getting to take it all home!

We’re hoping to start a new tradition and keep this exchange going, adding a few new friends along the way. 

Anyone out there doing an exchange this year?  I’m sold.  Great food, great friends and treats to take home!  What’s not to love???

Pin It

2 comments:

  1. I love this! Maybe next year I can convince my friends.Looks so yum!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I went to one this week as well & had so much fun! I took peanut butter blossoms, mmm! your pics are awesome Sab!! great tips on the silicone mat & the craft paper. i searched all over our little town for white craft paper & couldn't find any (our Michael's went out of business & I think that is where i used to buy it). lf you have time, let me know where you typically find yours!

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments! They make my day...wait...my week!

Related Posts with Thumbnails