Monday, December 13, 2010

No-Crack Silky Smooth Baked Cheesecake

Pin It

IMG_8501

Growing up, my mom owned a cake baking business.  Funny thing?  Her daughter didn’t really like cake.  Nope…I’m a cheesecake LOVER.  So, each year, on my birthday, my mom baked a cake for the party and then made an extra special cheesecake for me.  Heaven.  Pure heaven.

I remember her always freaking out about the top of the cheesecake cracking.  It certainly didn’t effect the taste, but like me, she’s kind of a perfectionist.  Recently, she shared a new baked cheesecake recipe with me.  I put my brave hat on and decided to tackle my first cheesecake for a  party a few weeks ago.  It probably sounds silly, but cheesecake was always one of those things I was scared to try to make.

Let me tell you, this recipe…NO FAIL.  NO CRACKS. Silky, creamy, smooth, fattening heaven.  The end.

And for my first go…not that scary.  Not too bad.  I’ll live to bake another cheesecake.

No-Crack Baked Cheesecake (printable)

Crust:

  • 1 of the 3 packages of graham crackers in a box crushed
  • add 4 TBS melted butter, cooled
  • 1/4 cup sugar

Spray a spring form pan with cooking spray.  Mix graham crackers, butter and sugar in a medium bowl.  Press into the bottom and slightly up the sides of the pan.  Place prepared crust in pan in the refrigerator while making the filling.  Preheat oven to 340 degrees.

IMG_8471

Filling:

  • 3 (8 oz) packages Philadelphia cream cheese, room temperature
  • 2 teaspoons vanilla
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 2 Tablespoons cornstarch
  • 1 pint sour cream, room temperature
  • 4 eggs, room temperature

Mix cream cheese and vanilla on low speed with a mixer.  Add sugar and cornstarch, blending slowly until mixed.  Gently mix in sour cream.  Add eggs, one at a time, slowly, until mixed in.

IMG_8469

Take a piece of heavy duty aluminum foil and carefully wrap the spring form pan, being careful not to tear aluminum foil. Fold up onto the sides carefully.  Place spring form pan inside larger roasting or cake pan. 

IMG_8475

Fill the spring form pan with cream cheese mixture. Place in preheated oven and pour boiling water into the roasting/cake pan until the pan is half full.  Be careful not to spill water.

IMG_8484

Bake 340 degrees until when you jiggle spring form pan the sides are a little firm and the center jiggles a little.  I baked this one for an hour, however my mom said that the times can range between 50-70 minutes.  Do not open oven door to check to jiggle for at least 45 minutes into the baking time.

Turn oven off  and leave oven door shut for 15 min, then crack oven door and leave cheesecake in oven until the oven has cooled down quite a bit.  Be careful taking spring form pan out of hot water pan.  Place the spring form pan on rack to cool and carefully remove aluminum foil.  When cool, place in refrigerator until the next morning, then remove the sides of the spring form pan.  Serve with your favorite sweetened berries or lemon curd.

IMG_8500

If any of this seems confusing, check out the many videos available for making cheesecake on youtube.  It was really helpful to actually see how to wrap the pan in foil.  Good luck!  I hope you enjoy this indulgent dessert!

    

Pin It

4 comments:

  1. I just made one too:) Your cheesecake looks so smooth and creamy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooooh I LOVE cheesecake too!!! I am going to have to try this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How wonderful! Cheesecake is one of my fave desserts!

    I'd love for you to stop by my blog on Thursday for my Christmas Recipe Party!

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments! They make my day...wait...my week!

Related Posts with Thumbnails