Sunday, January 30, 2011

The Beginnings Of A New Adventure: A maternity shoot

Pin It

IMG_9114

My friend Sarah and her hubby, Jon, are counting down the days until Baby J arrives, so I thought I should share some lovely maternity shots I did for them back in December. 

IMG_9061

I was really so happy that she gave me this opportunity to try something new.  I know many of us don’t always feel so pretty during pregnancy…

IMG_9281 FINAL edits

However, I think Sarah is the epitome of what they call “pregnancy glow”…something I REALLY lacked during my pregnancies.

IMG_9021final

Lucky Sarah…and Jon too I guess. ;)

IMG_9016final

Seriously. pretty. prego.

I have to say that it was kind of awkward for the both of us at the beginning of the shoot.  I’ve never taken maternity shots before AND I think it’s a little strange trying to be a “professional photog” with my BFF.

IMG_9156

As you can see, we got over it.  And had a blast.

Jon played a pretty song that he wrote for the babe to be…

IMG_9247

Did I mention that Jon is a total ham???  I mean rock star?

IMG_9180

Sarah took a bathroom break and returned saying, “How did this turn into Jon’s rock star photo shoot?”

IMG_8995-1

Yeah Baby!

Love them.  They are going to be the best…and coolest parents.

Thanks for letting me share yet another photography adventure with you guys!  In less than a week, she’ll begin adventures of motherhood.  And with each new step/adventure that I take in the world of photography, I fall in love with it all over again. 

Pin It

5 comments:

  1. Lovely job Sabrina! Maternity and a Rock Star shoot all rolled into one. How did you ever get so lucky!? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So beautiful!

    Hey a few of us area bloggers are getting together Sat at about 11:30 at Panera right there near you. If you're interested let me know, it would be great to meet you IRL.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this! I get more nervous shooting people I know than I do shooting strangers. I just feel like a voyeur then. It's not a cool feeling. Hopefully someday I'll get over it. You did an awesome job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful, Sabby!! Love them all! Hope all goes smoothly in the week to come. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, you would never know you were nervous. They sure are professional looking to me. I wish I had had some prego pictures done of me and my husband. These are truly beautiful and will be treasured especially because they were taken by her friend!

    Megan

    http://1funkywoman.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments! They make my day...wait...my week!

Related Posts with Thumbnails