Monday, January 17, 2011

Showering My Best Friend: a baby shower

Pin It

In my small group of long term gal pals, I was the pioneer in motherhood.  I’ve watched and waited for the day my best friend, Sarah, would call me and say, “We’re Pregnant!”.  That day finally happened last fall and she and her adorable (and hysterical) hubby, Jon, are about to welcome their first baby next month. 

IMG_8482-1

I have to tell you that having your BFF prego has all the perks of welcoming a new little one yourself, without all that weight gain, sleeplessness and well….having a newborn in your own house at the end of 9+months.  Winking smile  Sorry Sarah!

Of course, I was all over throwing a baby shower from day 1 and luckily Sarah has a wonderful sister, Lisa, that lives close by to co-host with me.

IMG_9933-2

Sarah and Jon are big fans of monkeys…long story.  It just works.  They even have a really cute monkey mural in their nursery.

IMG_9305-2

Monkeys are cute so I ran with it.  Right to my trusty friend PowerPoint.  To get the word out to all of Sarah’s friends and family for the big event, I decided to make the invitations myself. 

IMG_8480 edited invite

Please excuse my “edited for privacy invite.  I’ll be sure to post a step by step on making these adorable invites in the near future.  PowerPoint really is an awesome tool!

IMG_9869

The big day came and I had my mom and Lisa to help pull it all together.  LOVE them!  I made all of the decorations again using PowerPoint and various blue and green papers.

IMG_9954 edited

I also made these super easy pom poms with tissue paper from a great Martha Stewart tutorial.

IMG_9938

They really filled the house with “baby boy” pops of the color for very little money.

IMG_9942

A friend of mine offered to make a diaper cake for me.  Isn’t is fantastic? 

IMG_9864

It made a wonderful centerpiece too!  Thanks Nicole!

For lunch we served an assortment of sandwiches, salads, veggies and fruit.  And for dessert…

IMG_9848

Cute and tasty!

IMG_9898

When deciding on a beverage, Lisa and I both wanted to make something that reminded us of old school lady gatherings from our past.  Sherbet Punch.  YUM!

IMG_9872

To keep it cool, I made an ice ring for the first time.  

Lisa was in charge of the games/activities.  Everyone had a blast decorating onesies and bibs for “Baby J”.

IMG_9888

IMG_9892

IMG_9894

After a little fun, we all “showered” Sarah with some great baby gear, a few splurges…

IMG_9915

…and some tear inducing homemade items from her sister, Lisa.

IMG_9921

That blankie is seriously sweet!  Sweeter than the cupcakes.  And fluffy too!

Finally, we sent our guests home with these cute little jars of M&M’s.

IMG_9859IMG_9860

Whew…are you still there??  Hope so.  Thanks for letting me share my best friend’s special day with you.  It really turned out wonderful and now we’re all anxiously awaiting the arrival of Baby J.

Check back soon for all the How To’s for the various projects that went into to making this Baby Boy shower!

I’m linking this post up to the below parties!  Check them out for some fabulous inspiration!

handmade projectsShow and Tell GreenCreativeShareWednesdaysGet your craft on Thurs.

Pin It

6 comments:

  1. everything looked absolutely beautiful! Love the colors and especially those super cute cupcakes!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful shower you had for your friend. Love the monkey cupcakes, so cute! What a great idea with decorating onesies and bibs to give to her!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the little monkey theme! The cupcakes are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  4. In love with the monkey theme! This is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Is the wall painting a self-design, or is it available somewhere? I love all of these cute little monkey ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am all about PP too! Love the party items from this shower.

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments! They make my day...wait...my week!

Related Posts with Thumbnails