Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Blizzards, No School & “Thunder Snow”

Pin It

Well, unless your power has been off or your have an aversion to TV, I’m sure you’ve seen how we got pummeled with some pretty significant snow last night and today.  On top of the snow, we also were blessed with 60 mph winds…I swear the house was shaking when we were in bed last night. 

The whistling wind was so eerie that I wanted to see what was going on.  However…

IMG_0287

…the sidelights of our front door were a little snowy…

IMG_0285    

So I opened up the front door to find our storm door looking like this:

IMG_0290

I finally got a shot of the front yard (that’s our mail box) before heading to bed last night.

IMG_0294

Kind of creepy quiet.

We survived the (loud!) night, school was cancelled and we woke up to this…

IMG_0308

Our mailbox survived the night, but it was about to meet its match.

We attacked the driveway first.

IMG_0303

And luckily our neighbors came over with their snow blower to help us out!  Bad news for the mail box though!

IMG_0314

The hubby then set out to rescue our little mail box…

IMG_0331

And neither of us went back out to see if we even got mail today!  Ha!

We got some cool looking drifts in strange places…

IMG_0344

IMG_0392

The front door and side walk aren’t exactly welcoming these days…

IMG_0351

So that’s our take the the recent “Thunder Snow” Blizzard of 2011.  What’s Thunder Snow?  Check out this video.  It added more strange to last night’s already strange events…thunder and lighting and snow…OH MY!

We did enjoy our first snow day of the year and I’ll share some of those pictures soon!

Pin It

5 comments:

  1. I hope you're staying warm and safe in all that. We are here in Kansas and our yard looks about the same. There was no way we were shoveling our driveway with that mich snow. Thankfully someone with a bobcat plow came along. That was the best $30 I have spent in a long time. I'm afraid I would STILL be out trying to shovel 12 hours later!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've seen "thunder snow" once and it was just incredible! Say warm!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! That is a lot of snow. It has been cold! even here in az. I can't imagine.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Check your dryer vents! Make sure they aren't covered or it's a serious fire hazard.

    Anyway. Nice to meet you today! I am off to pinpoint your exact home location so that I can properly stalk you. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Holy cow that looks insane!! Glad you survived! Now arctic blast? Enjoyed catching up on your recent posts. Great job on the invite~so cute!!

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments! They make my day...wait...my week!

Related Posts with Thumbnails