Saturday, February 19, 2011

Monkey Themed Baby Shower: Free Printables

Pin It

Well, I finally got around to uploading the files I used to create the invitations and decorations for the baby shower. They are now available for you to use and print as you like…just give me some love in return.

NOTE:  If you'd like to feature any of these printables on your blog (I'd love it if you did!), please shoot me an e-mail with a link to the post.

Let’s start with The Invite:

IMG_8480 edited invite

You can download the PowerPoint invitation file HERE.  Also, check out my tutorial on how to create invites using PowerPoint.  This should help you modify the file to fit your needs.

The Banner

IMG_9869

I made the above banner using scrapbook paper and diamond-shaped letter cut outs…

IMG_9823

After cutting the diamonds out, I attached them to the scrapbook paper using raised sticky dots to give them a little dimension.

IMG_9830

You can download the letters for the “it’s a Boy!” banner HERE.

Mantel Bubble Letters

IMG_9954 edited

I also decorated our mantel mirror with blue and green bubble letters.  You can find the entire alphabet in this format HERE.

A Sweet Parting Gift

IMG_9860

For the party favors and for a portion of my “It’s a Boy!” banner, I made these little monkey circles, again in PowerPoint.  I’ve saved them as a PDF file for you all to use if you like.  For the smaller circles, I used a 1 inch paper punch to cut them out.  Then I tied a ribbon to each candy jar and glued a monkey to each bow.

You can download the monkey circles HERE.

I really enjoyed making these homemade decorations and hope you all find some great uses for my printables.  Let me know if you have any questions or issues with the files.

Slide5   Slide5   Slide5  Slide5

 

I’m linking this post up to the below parties!  Check them out for some fabulous inspiration!

 

handmade projectsShow and Tell GreenCreativeShareWednesdaysGet your craft on Thurs.

  The DIY Show Off  UndertheTableandDreaming

Pin It

28 comments:

  1. I am AMAZING by everything you did/figured out!!! Great job!

    Ashley at mrswhisonant.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the ideas! I am working on my son's first birthday party and I am curious as to where you bought the candy jars? Such a cute party favor.

    Thanks!
    Sarah
    sarah.mypnp@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Darling!! I'm featuring you on the Tip Junkie Party site tomorrow as this is fantastic. {{high fives}}

    Laurie
    Tip Junkie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sabby...these are just too adorable to be FREE! Thanks for sharing your talents...I can use these for an upcoming baby shower I am hosting. Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Do you happen to know what colors you used to color the Monkey? I've been trying to figure it out but I can't seem to get the tone right!? I love this idea, I've always used Publisher for invites, but this is way better!
    Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ellen: I changed the colors of the monkey by simply selecting the portion of the monkey that I wanted to change. Then click the drop down "Shape Fill" and selecting from the brown options in the Theme Colors. I used the third brown down for most of the monkey, the fourth one down for the eyes and the top one is the fleshy color. Hope this helps!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So cute! I was wondering too where you found the candy jars?
    Thanks!
    moimama47 at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow. I love monkeys and wanted to find ideas for a monkey themed baby shower. Thanks this is great!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you so much for this site. I did my daughters baby shower in monkeys and my husband even made the diaper monkey and it was soooo cute. Once again thank you and I put it on my facebook.

    Tracie Brackett

    ReplyDelete
  10. I thank you so much for you site and your downloadable invites as well as tags. I'm planning a "Go Bananas" theme shower and you just don't know how much you have allowed us to be even more creative. Love the cupcake idea, will be using that as well

    ReplyDelete
  11. It is very generous of you to create and offer free monkey printables. Lots of baby shower hostesses will be pleased. I will be displaying your ideas on a Squidoo lens about monkey baby showers.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your Website is amazing great idea =)

    ReplyDelete
  13. thank you very much love love this so cute ~

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hello,

    LOVE your design, having trouble customizing the invite. Help Please!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love your ideas!!

    What size Paper did you use for the invitations? I just wanted to make sure I buy the right one.

    Thank you-

    ReplyDelete
  16. These are adorable!! Thanks so much for making these available for free. Your talents are a gift. My niece loves monkeys so this will be a perfect surprise for her party! (FYI, we found your site through Tip Junkie - so thanks to Laura for sharing you!)

    ReplyDelete
  17. TOTALLY AMAZING!!!!!!!!!! THIS IS MY FIRST SON AND PROBABLY MY LAST CHILD SO WE WANTED THIS TO DEFINITELY BE SPECIAL AND YOU HELPED ME SO MUCH SINCE WE ARE ON A TIGHT BUDGET!!! THANK YOU SOOOOOOOOOO MUCH!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. You are awesome! Thanks so much for sharing with all of us!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I had already been planning a monkey themed baby bbq and your downloads are just the finishing touches I need! They are so cute!! Thank you so much for sharing your terrific idea with us.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I was in the process of planning a monkey themed bbq and your downloads will be just the finishing touches I need! They are so cute!! Thank you so much for sharing your ideas and making it so easy for us to use them!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I loved it so much, thank you. I did color modifications and added my own text, to fit what I needed, but the format is what i was looking for in the stores that i could not find anywhere! My cousin is having a baby shower and I said I would do all the decorations I could not find any nice and cute monkey themed baby shower cards and Castilan and was able to use this. Thank you so much. Jessy. If you want the image just let me know, since I cannot post it here.

    ReplyDelete
  22. i want to change the colors of the monkey and the its a boy sign like i did the colors for the invites but for some reason it downloads a pdf instead of power point do you have a power point presentation? Jessy

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love your ideas! Could you please share where you purchased the candy jars? Thanks! katinacurtis@msn.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. what power point did you use to make the baby invitations?

    ReplyDelete
  25. Thank you so much!!! I love these ♥ I want to make my baby shower safari theme and these monkey circles etc have helped A LOT.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hello, thanks for writing this post.
    I was actually looking for some tips and ideas on baby shower decorations coz my friend was asking me and I got here. Great help! Beautiful decor you have there.

    Cheers xxxx
    Mich

    ReplyDelete
  27. Thank you for putting these for free!!! I am trying to come up withmonkey ideas for my son's first birthday, but I am SOOOO not creative! WHere did you get the jars from? I am trying to work within my budget!

    Thanks a buunch!!

    ch3r_yl@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments! They make my day...wait...my week!

Related Posts with Thumbnails