Thursday, March 17, 2011

Rockin’ Around The House

Pin It

After being out of town for a long weekend to be with my post-op dad, my house was in need of some deep cleaning.  Not that Derek didn’t keep up his end of things…he dusted and vacuumed the entire house while I was gone.  However, I’m a little OCD (a lot?) and get down to the nitty gritty while cleaning.

Times like these deserve a playlist that keeps me going.  Unfortunately, I didn’t have a playlist named “cleaning”…yet.  I opted for shuffle and was bopping around all morning. 

I mean tell me that Tony Toni Tone’s “Feels Good”  doesn’t make cleaning toilets a little more tolerable? 

And years after returning back to Illinois from living in Miami, I’m still in love with Latin music.  Just imagine me mopping with a salsa step.  Scary?  You bet.

Then this oldie, but goodie rolled across my shuffle…

All in all, a successful morning of cleaning made much more fun by the shuffle on my ipod…and the constant giggles and stares I got from Braden watching his mama showing off her “moves”…

…in yellow rubber gloves. 

…an old T-shirt

…and daddy’s boxers.

Hot mess.

Gleaming toilets.

Pin It

2 comments:

  1. For me, it is always Dave Matthews or Justin Timberlake. They get me movin'! :)

    Oh, and thanks for the quinoa recipe. I am always looking for new ones. We eat lots of quinoa around here since I am GF.

    Hope you are well. Talk to you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nobody does happy cleaning likeU2!
    Just boppin over from UBP....wonderful picture and writing! I get a real sense of your reality! Thx For sharing!

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments! They make my day...wait...my week!

Related Posts with Thumbnails