Monday, April 25, 2011

I Want to Rock!: Mother/Son Dance

Pin It

IMG_1723

My big boy and I rocked out at his elementary school’s annual Mother/Son Dance.  This years theme was Rock-n-Roll…complete with backstage passes…

IMG_1721-3

and funky stage make-up. 

IMG_1713

I had to convince him that wearing make-up and being part of the “Kiss Army” was indeed VERY cool.  He went along, but you could see the “I don’t know about this one” look all over his face.

IMG_1711

I couldn’t find any Kiss T’s…or at least not any that were reasonably priced, so I decided to make them.   Those iron on transfer sheets worked GREAT!

I didn’t want to look like the crazy shutterbug mama at the dance, so I brought along my old point-n-shoot.  I forgot how much I don’t like that thing.  Grrrr.  At least I got to capture moments like this though…

DSCF4075

He won a little trophy for “Best Dressed Boy” and so I guess donning eye liner was worth it in the end.  Such a good sport. 

They also had a photo booth set up.  We played along…

mother son

A great night with my big boy that’s growing up WAY too fast!  At one point in the evening, he was doing the “freeze dance” and I was watching him.  He stops, comes over to me and says in his biggest most grown up 7 year old voice:

“Mom…RE-lax.  Go sit down.  Hang with your friends.  Have fun.  I’m a GROWN man now!”

WHA???????  Oh, brother!

Love you Lanham!

Pin It

4 comments:

  1. Adorable photos! I love that you had matching bracelets.

    And the grown man part...well, it won't be long! Really, it won't be long!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha... Ah, boys. they say the darnedest things. Oh and the costume... too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You two look amazing! The make-up, the t-shirts, and even the tattoo are perfect. I'll bet it was the Kiss make- up talking saying to relax that he's a man!
    Too funny. Maybe our kids could get together since oral hygiene isn't something they care about, lol!

    Meg

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh, that is soooo fun! You both look awesome, what a fantastic mom you are! I wish that had that at our school, it would be so fun to relive those 80's rocker days of my teens!

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments! They make my day...wait...my week!

Related Posts with Thumbnails