Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Back to School, Beach & Berries

Pin It

What a whirlwind we’ve been in these last few weeks.  The kiddos started school early this year which made summer seem WAY shorter than normal. 

Lanham started 3rd grade…

IMG_5198IMG_5201

Braden tried to steal his thunder…

IMG_5188

B-boy started pre-school the next day.

IMG_5470

He had to show off his new backpack…

IMG_5472

I can’t believe how much older he looks this year compared to last year.

IMG_5478

Our schedule is crazy town since the boys start an hour apart this year.  I’m getting my taxi license soon.  lol.

We were able to go my in-laws’ lake house a few times this summer and actually just went again this past weekend too.  It’s SO relaxing and beautiful there.  The Midwestern version of “beach”.

IMG_4342

Derek tried to teach the boys how to skip rocks.  It was a favorite activity this summer.

IMG_4233

IMG_4346

Plus, my in-laws are the best hosts ever.  Great time had by all and I love that my kids have this place in their childhood memories forever.

IMG_4355

There was also time for end of the season blueberry picking.  Billy Boy’s Blueberry Farm is not too far from the lake house so we headed over there…in a rain storm!  Ha!  Therefore, no pictures of the actual picking part.  We all got pretty filthy, but it was SO worth it.  I made these yesterday with our blueberry loot.

IMG_5522

I used my Lemon Blueberry Muffin recipe from last year’s picking excursion.  We still have enough berries left for munching.  Blueberries straight off the bush are crazy good compared to the ones we usually have to settle for in the store.

Hope you all are surviving the craziness that is the back to school/end of summer season.  Before we know it, the leaves will be changing and “Which costume should I pick?” will be the hot topic amongst the boys.

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments! They make my day...wait...my week!

Related Posts with Thumbnails