Monday, August 8, 2011

Pinterest While Enjoying Homebrewed Iced Coffee

Pin It

So Pinterest is the latest buzz site around blogland these days.  I decided to check it out about a month ago and I’m totally hooked.  To me, its like having traveling bookmarks if that makes any sense.  Basically, you can “Pin” almost any picture that you find on the web to your Pinterest account.  Then when you have time to go back and check out that inspiring photo, its right there on your “pinboard”.  Simply click the pic and it takes you back to the site where you found it.  GREAT right?  I bookmark ideas ALL THE TIME.  However, they’re always on my web browser on my home computer.  Pinterest allows me to access my “idea file” from anywhere. 

No, they’re not paying me.  They should.  Pinterest, if you’re reading, I’m a huge fan.  HUGE!

A few of my favorite bloggers have been hosting a Pinterest Challenge of sorts.  Basically, encouraging pinners (made that up), ok…people who pin, to actually DO those things that inspire them.

image

I mustered up all my braveness and tackled this:

Pinterest iced coffee

Yep.  Iced coffee.   Don’t you DARE laugh! Now it might not seem like a blog worthy cause to you, but I’m obsessed with coffee.  In the summer, that obsession turns to iced coffee. 

And anything that can keep money-money-money-MUUUN-AY in my wallet, rather than that big green drive-thru box is a good thing.

IMG_5014

And PW thought it was blog worthy.  And she’s a blog goddess.

IMG_5043

The cold brewed iced coffee recipe is fantastic, worked like a charm and I’m even more hyper than usual because of it.

IMG_5042

Maybe the my new found easy caffeine source will jolt me into some more Pinterest projects? 

Pin It

5 comments:

  1. I REALLY need to try this. I keep putting it off. Thank you for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how I LOVE Pinterest annnnnnnnnnnnd PW's iced coffee! It's kept me from driving through for weeeeeks. Love her.

    xo
    Erin

    ReplyDelete
  3. hmm, need to make some more of this around here! I thought I'd share 2 tips I picked up when I learned how to do this: 1. I use the drip basket from my regular coffeemaker to strain the coffee. I just pour the sludge into the basket and let it drip into the pot. My batches are smaller, though. 2. I make a batch of simple syrup for sweetener- it seem to incorporate more readily and keeps forever in the fridge. here's to enabling !

    ReplyDelete
  4. Summer is heading Down Under soon so I will be looking for lots of cool ways to enjoy my coffee. Thanks for sharing the link.

    If you have 5 minutes to spare please pop by my blog and link this fabulous post to my Pinning & Singing on the Weekend Linky Party. This Pinterest inspired post would be perfect!!

    Best wishes for a wonderful weekend,
    Natasha @ 5 Minutes Just for Me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for sharing! I've been wanting to know a good way to brew iced coffee at home as my boyfriend and I are trying to cut down our monthly spending. :)
    -Rachel

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments! They make my day...wait...my week!

Related Posts with Thumbnails