Monday, September 26, 2011

Happy Birthday To My Hubby! A chocolate mousse pie kind of day

Pin It

Happy Birthday to the D-man:  supportive husband, amazing father, part-time caramel makin’ elf (don’t believe me, see here) and all around yin to my yang.  IMG_2485

To celebrate his own personal holiday,  I indulged his inner-choc-o-holic and made his favorite:  Chocolate Mousse Pie.

IMG_6152

When we first got together, he told me about the “AMAZING” chocolate pie that his mom used to make.  Grandma “Bob” provided me with said recipe and I’ve made it for his birthday each year since.

IMG_6176

I have to say the recipe’s ingredients didn’t WOW me at first…chocolate, cream cheese and graham crust?  Something just didn’t fit.  However, I’ve grown to enjoy the stuff and love making his day special each year with this simple and easy to pull together pie.

IMG_6162

Chocolate Mousse Pie

  • 1 pkg. (4 oz.) Baker's German sweet chocolate
  • 1 pkg. (3 oz.) cream cheese (softened)
  • 1 container (8 oz.) Cool Whip, thawed
  • 1/3 c. milk
  • 2 tbsp. sugar
  • 1 ready made graham cracker pie crust, 9 inch

Heat chocolate and 2 tbsp. of the milk in saucepan over low heat, stirring until chocolate is melted.

IMG_6158

Beat sugar into cream cheese; add remaining milk and chocolate mixture and beat until smooth. Fold in whipped topping, blending until smooth.

IMG_6164 

Spoon into crust. Freeze until firm, about 4 hours. Store any leftover pie in freezer.

IMG_6178

Here’s the birthday boy, sneaking a few licks from the bowl last night…

IMG_6167

I suppose it is YOUR day…

IMG_6170

Oh and I can’t forget to mention the yummy peach cobbler my mom made for his birthday too.  My dad was nice enough to bring it up to our house this weekend.  Quite the treat for Derek since I have this whole aversion to cooked fruit thing.  I’ll leave that soap box for another day.

IMG_6120

Thanks mom and dad…he loved it! 

Happy Birthday, Dear Derek, Happy Birthday to you!!! I hope I didn’t embarrass you too much. I mean, think about that poor Victor. You’re lucky.
Mwah!


   

Pin It

2 comments:

  1. Now that's my kind of pie! Chocolate and cream cheese and so easy to make! Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your Chocolate Mousse Pie looks delicious and so easy. Thanks for sharing and hope you are having a great day!
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments! They make my day...wait...my week!

Related Posts with Thumbnails