Monday, September 12, 2011

Photography Fun: Using Textures

Pin It

Just wanted to share some of the stuff I’ve been playing around with lately in Photoshop Elements.  I happened upon Kim Klassen’s blog via Ashley Sisk of Ramblings and Photos.  Kim is a master of textures and even offers up several free tutorials and textures!  I had no excuse not to try it out on some of her techniques on my floral shots.

Here’s what I’ve done today…

SOOC imageIMG_1805

Image cropped and texture added:IMG_1805-texture1

The textures work so well with my floral images. 

SOOC:

IMG_1912

PW’s Soft Faded Action and Stained Linen textured added:IMG_1912 texture1

I couldn’t believe how easy it is to apply textures either.  Why haven’t I tackled this before?  A few clicks and tweaks and this will be perfect for my “art-on-the-cheap” attitude.  I’m looking forward to playing around with this more and possibly making some art for my mom’s entryway. What do you think mom? 

Thanks to Kim and Ashley for all the inspiration.  If you’re interested in dabbling with textures, be sure to sign up for Kim’s newsletter, where she share a weekly texture.  They’re wonderful!

Pin It

1 comment:

  1. simply elegant. Textures are fun to play with once in a while, you applied them well Sabby.

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments! They make my day...wait...my week!

Related Posts with Thumbnails