Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Put A Bird On It

Pin It

I require a certain amount of comic relief in my daily life.  It comes in all forms from my husband, my kids and life in general.  And when those sources run dry, I take a peak at The Bloggess.

Now, word of WARNING, she is NOT by any means politically correct or Rated-PG.  So, if you’re easily offended, remember…you’ve been warned.  Twice.

Today, its all gloomy outside, baseball has taken over our world again and I’ve got a million+ projects half finished surrounding me.  I needed some Bloggess.  She didn’t disappoint and I actually found something that many of us DIY bloggers could have a good chuckle over…

  bird_Page_0

Birds.  In the crafting/DIY world, they’re everywhere.  Pillows, throws and DIY artsy fartsy burlap stuff.  Apparently, the folks at IFC’s Portlandia have taken notice.

Where have I been?  This show is AWESOME!!!  Or at least this little clip was pretty darn funny.  Kind of reminds me of the famous Catalog Living site. 

You know that lovely couple, Gary and Elaine, and their starfish…

…and gourds…

The Portlandia tidbit was courtesy of The Bloggess in a post concerning her most recent Zazzle project paying homage to Portlandia the only way she knew how…with a dodo bird.  If you need a laugh, check this post out

And if you decide to peruse her blog a little more….well, you’re in a for treat.  However, if you get offended…I’m sorry.  She’s awesome to the hundredth power.  She's amazing and disturbing and I love her.  I need her like I need an Oreo Blizzard.  But since there isn't a DQ in my living room, I read her and reach for another Pop-Ice. 

My Bloggess Faves: Beyonce & Copernicus.  Enjoy!

P.S. Did I mention my strange and unusual addiction to Pop-Ice?  Oh yep, I did…HERE.  I could be on that crazy ass "my strange addictions" show.  You know the one where the ladies eat glass and dryer sheets??  Yep.....my body is full of Red dye #4.  And #6.  Better than dryer sheets I suppose.

Pin It

1 comment:

  1. I've been looking through your blog and it's fantastic! Great recipes and photos!
    I like your name too. :)

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments! They make my day...wait...my week!

Related Posts with Thumbnails