Saturday, October 29, 2011

Halloween – They all tried to spook me

Pin It

“1, 2 He’s coming for you”

“3, 4 Better close your door”

Yep, the stuff nightmares are made of.  This song and The Walking Dead.  I’m not a fan of horror flicks.  Yes, I’m intelligent enough to know they’re completely fictional.  Doesn’t seem to matter.  Remember this admission?  I’m the girl that still worries that this guy is still lurking in my dark basement…

image

My husband enjoys watching me squirm during horror films.  I “watch” the entire things with my thumbs in my ears (to prevent me from hearing the gore) and the rest of my fingers covering my eyes.  Sounds like fun entertainment, huh?  Well, maybe for D-man.

So, you can imagine how thrilled I was tonight when we were at the party store looking at costumes and Freddy theme song comes on.

And then the next thing I know, my boys start humming and singing along with it!  ACK!  Nothing creepier than coming out of a store of horror, into a dark parking lot and then having two little voices singing “1, 2…3,4 blah blah blah”. 

Of course, I look over at Derek and he’s thrilled.  Watching me squirm is so much fun.  Love you babe. 

Me:  “Great!  Next thing you know they’ll be standing in front of mirrors saying ‘Candyman’.”

Derek:  “Hey Braden!  Say ‘Redrum’.”

Seriously?  Yes, my beloved was trying to conjure up some “Shining” thoughts.  Nice touch.  Did I mention it was our anniversary a few short weeks ago?  I much rather have a Giant Metal Chicken (confused, see here).

Clearly what he wanted was something like this video from “The Shining” movie which is beyond creepy to me.  Especially since we have the occasional sleep walking boy in our house. 

However, what Braden said, in a sinister little voice was this:

Jokes on you babe. 

Pictures

****Don’t miss my Shutterfly Holiday Card Giveaway!****

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments! They make my day...wait...my week!

Related Posts with Thumbnails