Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Mom’s Frame Redo

Pin It

My mom offered this adorable frame on a visit home this summer…

IMG_6096

Ok.  It’s not adorable at all.  To me, the little girl is creepy.   As is the country blue color scheme circa 1985.

IMG_6097-1

Complete with dusty ribbon and doily trim to boot!

IMG_6099

Mom didn’t seem to mind my idea of giving this piece of “art” a complete makeover, so I went to work on it.  First, I dismantled the entire thing.  Next, I went straight to my trusty can of Heirloom White.

IMG_6105

Then, I ordered an 11x14 print of a picture I took of my boys last year. 

image

Yes, I’m a little obsessed with walking away shots.  Its one of the few ways to get a natural look with my kiddos. 

The frame wasn’t a standard size (14x18), so I bought a 16x20 mat from Michaels with an 11x14 picture opening.  I had to cut an inch off each side of the mat which is cheaper to do than ordering a custom mat.  I put the whole thing back together after giving the glass a good cleaning and had this…

IMG_8832

As usual, its hard to get a good picture of a picture.

IMG_8828

I took it back home this past weekend to share with my mom.

 IMG_8834

She LOVES the result as much as I do.

IMG_8830

All together, I spent around $7 for the entire project.  I purchase most of my prints through Adoramapix.  Check them out.  They are a great professional lab and their prices are very reasonable. 

Hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving!

Pin It

1 comment:

  1. I love the walking away shots too - I have at least half a dozen of my girls (mostly with their daddy) over the past 20 years and they are priceless!

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments! They make my day...wait...my week!

Related Posts with Thumbnails